Monday, April 14, 2008

Cool down


Carmel Beach Wave, originally uploaded by Sabine Dukes.


Oy...what a weekend.

Seeing Michael in the throes of heat exhaustion was a wee bit scary. He is not allowed to do that ever again.

That was hard.

It also hard to fake your way through a stage race. I mean, faking it in a 15 minute points race is one thing...faking it in multiple days of racing in the heat is another.

I had lots of fun though. Our team really is special. Its not so much the racing as getting together with fun-minded folks and playing like a bunch of silly kids (who drink wine).

Now its Monday and the weather has cooled and already it seems like the weekend was some funny dream or something.

Weird.

Here's a little Happy Monday video


6 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, April 14, 2008, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

5 races in 6 days for you!

 
At 3:27 PM, April 14, 2008, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

racing concentrate...fitness fast...you looked good...and riding over the bumpy section behind you was fun in a weird way...i liked snaking all over the road searching for a "smoother" section..

 
At 7:09 PM, April 14, 2008, Blogger suenago said...

it was a great weekend of fun, laughter and oh yea..racing. so glad you came and played with us. It would not have been the same, really.

 
At 9:13 PM, April 14, 2008, Blogger Lilly Bella said...

ha...nothing like muscle memory! Way to throw in the attacks my blister sister.

It was the year of the Mishappens.

the races were a big booger bog fog for me, but I did remember to
ask the rancher dude about the piggies and he told me he ate them..."No not Tocino!" I yelled back, he just laughed at me.

no naming other peoples' livestock again.

 
At 7:08 AM, April 15, 2008, Blogger marscat said...

i wished i coulda been there when you stormed the pave...

 
At 6:34 AM, April 21, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>