Sunday, February 10, 2008

In Portland


Cross Fans, originally uploaded by Sabine Dukes.


The North American Handmade Bicycle Show is happening this weekend. I sort of wish I had gone. How silly that I did not go the first two years it was in San Jose.

I dread dread dread going to Interbike for various reasons. Vegas being the biggest. But honestly, bike people, sometimes annoy me. I know, I am a bike person and I am probably pretty annoying myself, but the concentration of annoying bike people at Vegas overwhelms me.

I have a feeling I'd like the Portland crowd a bit better.

Cyclingnews has coverage here

and suprise surprise, Velonews has coverage too!

If you are there, give a big squeezy hug to the fabulous Sheila Moon and Jason at De La Paz for me!

3 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, February 10, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

how were you up early enough to bog this?

i have such a hang over, that sangria didn't seem strong at all, i need to beware of my own elixers in the future...

ohh, it's going to be so much tastier today at the cccx race...

 
At 11:21 AM, February 10, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world: Misanthropes from Mars.

 
At 8:38 AM, February 13, 2008, Blogger Grey said...

Not to jump on your self criticism band wagon or anything, but yeah, you shoulda gone. I've never been to interbike, sounds like a bit much to me. Nahbs is effing great. Seeing the different builders craftsmanship and creativity is inspiring. And I think it was twice as big this year--way too much stuff to really take in. Have to say though, the bike that won best in show was pretty stupid...form waaaay over function.

Lotsa great people there too. Portland is a bike town par excellence. And I gave Sheila a hug if that makes you feel better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>