Monday, February 04, 2008

Breaking the Blues


Blue Again, originally uploaded by Sabine Dukes.


Oh thank goodness for the sunshine.

I thought I'd go stark raving freakin mad if there were one more day of rain.

The birds were going nuts this morning with the chippity chirping and man, birdies, I hear ya.

I did my own chippity chirping in the car this morning. I was feeling too cheery to listen to the news, so I fiddled with the station until something fun came on.

And I danced and sang in the car and was totally getting my groove on. I was feeling pretty full of myself, until the station break announcement that told me I was listening to a soft rock station.

Soft rock.

Not Oldies, because, Oldies would be cool. But Soft Rock. The Oxymoron station. Dental office music. I was getting my groove on to Dental Office music.

Shit.

15 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, February 04, 2008, Blogger erein said...

Whooo! Rock on! Umm, the windows weren't down or anything like that right?

 
At 11:17 AM, February 04, 2008, Blogger chatterbox said...

Yay sun! I am looking across the bay at the beautiful hills, and they actually have form as the light plays on them and makes shadows. It's been a while for shadows. But, the groundhog says 6 more weeks to spring :(

At least we can be thankful for a beautiful, sunny week!

 
At 11:23 AM, February 04, 2008, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

"honey ... that's us!!"

 
At 3:42 PM, February 04, 2008, Blogger Velo Bella said...

me = rocking out to KBAY

 
At 5:41 PM, February 04, 2008, Blogger ~ lauren said...

soft rock...

next thing you know, you'll be wearing sensible shoes.

be careful out there.

 
At 5:49 PM, February 04, 2008, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Have you seen my Dansko collection?

me = rocking out to KBAY in my Danskos

 
At 7:28 PM, February 04, 2008, Blogger BELLA BEAR said...

I am totally with you! I could not take the rain any more! At least now I can ride my bike outdoors!

 
At 7:38 PM, February 04, 2008, Blogger marscat said...

mornin little cheerios, mornin sister Oriole, Did I tell you everything is fine, in my mind...

 
At 7:40 PM, February 04, 2008, Blogger Lilly Bella said...

Oh but you've always countered your Dansko sensibility with collections of high heeled platform boots.

You'll have to zero this experience out by listening to some acid rock or something.

Quick slap your face and bang your head on the dash!

 
At 8:00 PM, February 04, 2008, Blogger Velo Bella said...

yeah, I think they played some Al. I know for sure they Lionel Ritchie

 
At 10:00 PM, February 04, 2008, Blogger X Bunny said...

neil diamond?

rod stewart?

 
At 7:02 AM, February 05, 2008, Blogger Lilly Bella said...

the real test question is did you buy Barry Manilow tickets playing in SJ?

 
At 11:38 AM, February 05, 2008, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

deal breaker

 
At 1:58 PM, February 05, 2008, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

no Elton John...by the way, how does one rock out to soft rock? isn't that mellow stuff with a sedate beat...

 
At 12:54 PM, February 07, 2008, Blogger EB said...

But what song was it? The appropriate song can clear you of your transgression...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>