Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hashimoto can kiss my ass


Camphone 15, originally uploaded by Sabine Dukes.


I may be a lazy blogger, but I am kicking ass everywhere else.

Since Michael's been on his vacciones, I have:

Painted the den (well, not me, but its painted!)
Solved the flooring debacle (stupid Home Depot)
Got the heater fixed
Got my ear fixed (it was a little clogged and grumpy)
Got my tooth fixed
Went Trader Joe shopping
Installed Photoshop Elements 6 (sorry Beth, I'm not a big girl yet)
Finally figured out what damn PS layers were
Dinked around in Photoshop elements and made a picture for this blog
Finished reading the last of the Farseer Trilogies (you can get your books now Soni)
Extended the bella clothing order (cat herding)
Finalized the 2008 bella art
Consulted with Miss Mary on the Fandango (tapas or tatas?)
Bitty batted with Natasha about 08 road
Planned the Saturday mtb ride
Drank yet another bottle of spanish wine
Got out the 1099s
Installed the fixed asset software
Hired a temp
Made the auditors happy
Rode my bike at lunch

Yeah

but I still have not cleaned the cat box

~~

Reservoir Check!



Camphone 14



Here is the little part outside the reservoir where all the fish were dying. It hasnt seen water since that fateful day. Now its flling up again and little duckies were swimming in it. Can you see the little duckies?

~~~

p.s.

So. I'm sitting here in the living room, rereading my post and reflecting on what a bad ass I am for accomplishing so much in a couple of days, when something struck me as wrong.

There was something I did wrong, but couldn't figure it out until I saw potato chips in the refrigerator and half and half in the pantry. Luckily the wine is fine.

16 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, January 31, 2008, Blogger beth bikes! said...

holy shit! another reason you are my hero!
-the "other" beth. [the 'non-photoshop-i-don't-have-a-digital-camera- and-still-buy-those-crappy-disposable-ones- at-the-drugstore' beth]

 
At 8:34 PM, January 31, 2008, Blogger ~ lauren said...

once i get a job, i'm going to go out and get a mac and photoshop. your photos have inspired me.

they're looking really great sabine!

and won't a cat poop somewhere else in the house if you don't clean out the box? not that i'm worried, i pay lulu to clean ours out once a day.

but, i'm curious, just in case lulu's not around some time.

 
At 8:42 PM, January 31, 2008, Blogger Velo Bella said...

oh...I didn't think about that (cats pooping elsewhere)

that would kind of suck.

for Michael.

He hasnt called me yet since he's been in boy town. So if the cats leave a little poop for him, well, who am I to interfere?

~~

And thank you. Be careful though, its another costly hobby. You'll need a better monitor, and a calibrator, and other shit.

But you have a lovely eye so you should totally do it.

In the meantime, download Picasa from Google. Its free and easy and totally the coolest little freebie photo edit program. Its quite good. There also GIMP, which is free and has PS capabilities, but I can't figure it out. It gives me a headache.

Like the catbox odors.

 
At 7:06 AM, February 01, 2008, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

screw hashimoto...you have accomplished a lot in less than a week...

and lauren, our kitties get mad when their box is dirty...

 
At 9:04 AM, February 01, 2008, Blogger X Bunny said...

i didn't know you were reading those books--did you like them?

 
At 9:05 AM, February 01, 2008, Blogger X Bunny said...

reading this post made me dizzy

 
At 11:10 AM, February 01, 2008, Blogger Itinerant Rick said...

My head is swirling; full litter-boxes, soggy potato chips, and curdled half-and-half all mixed up with PS and Elements, though for the life of my I cannot figure out how the tire-needy toaster got involved.

 
At 12:54 PM, February 01, 2008, Blogger Velo Bella said...

beth, don't be too impressed. I did put the potato chips in the fridge you know.

 
At 12:55 PM, February 01, 2008, Blogger Velo Bella said...

my poor toaster

 
At 12:55 PM, February 01, 2008, Blogger Velo Bella said...

xbun - yes I did, and I am not usually a fan of that genre.

 
At 5:34 PM, February 01, 2008, Blogger Steve Anderson said...

Thanks for the inspiration. I was finally motivated to take down my Christmas lights today.

 
At 6:07 PM, February 01, 2008, Blogger Margin Walker said...

Can I order a velo-bella kit? I need something to wear to the dfL races next fall.

 
At 6:34 PM, February 01, 2008, Blogger Velo Bella said...

info on kit ordering is here
http://velobellabb.com/forum11/1309.html

sorry to lazy to href

 
At 6:36 PM, February 02, 2008, Blogger jen said...

yikes, all hell breaks lose at the Shack if the cat box is not perfectly up to spec. we have a very very finicky siamese mix who needs everything to go exactly according to plan. i suppose every house needs someone like that. neither of the humans here qualify, that's for sure!

photoshop = phun. i used to work in graphic design and play with all the toys. someday i need to get me some toys to play with at home. the mac photo editor isn't half bad, though, for now.

 
At 12:27 AM, February 04, 2008, Blogger ginmtb said...

Two words:

Cat Genie

I don't own one because my water connection/toilet/laundry drain are not in appropriate locations. Looks cool though. Sold me on the late night informercial...

 
At 3:28 PM, February 05, 2008, Blogger Brent said...

you don't get Hashimotos from cleaning litter boxes!!
Pretty much Hashimotos is the litter box..

But yes. Any thyroid deficiency can kiss my ass too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>