Thursday, January 17, 2008

Fuck Chicken


CamPhone 13, originally uploaded by Sabine Dukes.

Oh yeah! I totally cleaned Rocky Ridge today. No bobbles, no dabs.

There were a few "oh shit" moments though.

Now, for those who aren't so wussy at mountain biking, Rocky Ridge is probably no big deal. But I am from the land of soft sand and redwood needled carpet trails and the rocks just foul me up something fierce with their pointy obtrusiveness.

I trusted in the Dawg (and in only about 17psi in my moto tires) and rolled right over everything. It wasn't pretty, but it got 'er done.

At the bottom of the trail, when I stopped to finally catch my breath and regain and reflect, I was all full of giddy glee and was sort of bummed that no one was around that I could fling my glee on.

So I patted myself on the back and granny ringed it back to the car.

4 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, January 17, 2008, Blogger erein said...

Oh yay Sabine!!!! I know that trail and those rocks. Yay you!!!

 
At 6:49 PM, January 17, 2008, Blogger Velo Bella said...

then you should recognize that little grafitti'd building near the trailhead too!

those rocks are poke-y

 
At 9:17 PM, January 17, 2008, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

I thought today's workout was the toaster's tires...

 
At 3:54 PM, January 18, 2008, Blogger chatterbox said...

Sweeeet! You nailed your off-plan workout. Good for you. I suggest some recovery-oriented adult-beverages to reward yourself for the hard work. Probably not before you drive the car to get new tires, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>