Thursday, December 27, 2007

Not the Camera Phone


Wilder Doorstop, originally uploaded by sabinedukes.


I am spending waaaaaay too much time in Photoshop these days. And I spend most of my time there trying to look like I am not spending any time there.

But thank goodness for Photoshop.

Back in college I would spend hours in the darkroom fidgeting with some inconsequential detail until I went either cross-eyed or broke. Usually both.

Except...photoshop is fun and all, but nothing quite captures that moment of magic when your photo is in the developer and the picture slowly appears.

12 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, December 27, 2007, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

very nice. lucious colors!

 
At 6:04 AM, December 28, 2007, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

process is not for me to know about,

just give me the pretty pictures!!!

 
At 8:06 AM, December 28, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

very vibrant, always love the pics. thanks sabine.

 
At 9:25 AM, December 28, 2007, Blogger EB said...

And the vinegar smell of the stop...mmm.

 
At 10:06 AM, December 28, 2007, Blogger teamwelliver said...

and there's no ctrl-z in the darkroom either.

sweet photo!

 
At 10:07 AM, December 28, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

I LOVE the step forward, step backward

 
At 6:02 PM, December 28, 2007, Blogger jen said...

cracky, curly paint.

love the texture.

 
At 6:35 PM, December 28, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

what is that giant spring used for??? can you like, bounce up and down on that? like a pogo stick?

 
At 7:35 PM, December 28, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

so, like, did you add those little paint crumbles on the ground cuz those are pretty cool

 
At 8:48 PM, December 28, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

you know, tracie, I have no idea what that springy thing is, except it was being used as a doorstop

There's an unaltered wider view pic here

 
At 8:50 PM, December 28, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

and no bunny, I didn't make the crumbles, but I would have maybe if I had thought about it

 
At 9:01 PM, December 28, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

WOAH! It's a giant pogo stick spring used as a doorstop to a closet full of ancient rusty torture devices!

nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>