Monday, December 03, 2007

Its time


I went out on my lunch ride today, not because I felt I had to, or because I knew I would feel better afterwards, or so that I could eat a bigger dinner...but because I needed to.

As if there were no other reasonable option.

And then, riding along at the walk-like pace that I have adopted these past few months...it happened.

I wondered what it would feel like to suddenly spring cat like from my pedals. To mash power down and pull it back up. To ride the tailwind at motorized speeds.

I'm not going to push it, but, I think its almost time.

He just has to fix my shifting first...

~~~



Last week sometime, I made a dentist appointment for 8:00 this morning. I forgot all about it until Michael just reminded me this evening.

8:00 on a Monday morning? What was I thinking? I'm lucky to remember where I work on a Monday morning much less to remember something as unmemorable as a dentist appointment.

I also forgot that my mom had planned a short visit for yesterday afternoon. Michael and I were just about to drive away on some random errand when my mom pulled into our driveway. Oh, oopsie! Hi Mom.

Not that my mom and dental appointments have anything in common. They don't. Well, except for the guilt about not flossing. And earlier I was a little hard on myself for being so addled and forgetful. But I'm going to call the momma one a fluke, and the 8:00 Monday morning one was just stupid in the first place.

~~~



The camera phone was feeling spunky today

7 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, December 03, 2007, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

sweet heavens, you kilt me with that one.

 
At 7:00 AM, December 04, 2007, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

All done with the root canal now, yay...

 
At 7:24 AM, December 04, 2007, Blogger marscat said...

don't forget the mental floss!

 
At 7:29 AM, December 04, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

no, not done with the root canal. Because I missed my appointment. I've got to plead insanity and reschedule.

 
At 11:33 AM, December 04, 2007, Blogger ~ lauren said...

oooh, dentists at 8am on a monday. bleh.

i would have missed it too.

 
At 2:06 PM, December 04, 2007, Blogger Itinerant Rick said...

I can relate to the 8AM dentist appt; I had one this morning. What was I thinking?

 
At 9:04 PM, December 04, 2007, Blogger EB said...

Mmm, that's the best kind of ride.

Mental floss...tee hee hee...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>