Thursday, November 08, 2007

Life in the Pumpkin Patch



I love all the pumpkin flavored stuff thats out this time of year. Pumpkin latte, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin empanadas, pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin.

pumpkin

I went to Target today. I hate shopping, but for some reason I love going to Target. They just opened up one of those super Targets by my work. It makes me happy. I like to mosy in that Target. Today I mosied in the pharmacy section. I have to say its a pretty weak pharmacy section. And I did the blood pressure thing. I always do the blood pressure thing when I see those machines even though my blood pressure is always the same and always low. I think I like to make it go real low, and leave the display there so other people can see it and go "whoah, thats really low". They should have a permanent display for the lowest readings, sort of like the high scores on Asteroids.

I almost bought the following items at Target:

Purple yoga mat with carrying straps
Snakes on a Plane DVD

But I came to my senses on both accounts.

I did break down and buy one of those 20 Question game thingies. I thought it would be a fun thing for the office here. But I think I got the retarded version. My first word was pillow and it guessed blanket. My second word was lemon and it guessed daisy. I am going to go give it to the guys in IT.

There is a giant preying mantis outside my window. Its been there all day. I totally want to take a cam phone pic of it, but I would have to crawl through bushes to do it. I would have to crawl through bushes in front of the people I supervise. I really shouldn't do it...but man, its so tempting.

Oh, fuck it.

12 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, November 08, 2007, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

cool insect...I recognize the background as the place where we had sprintys

marscat and you are on the same pumpkin wavelength...

 
At 5:03 PM, November 08, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

he's (she's?) still there.

 
At 5:48 PM, November 08, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

i just bought a gizditch pumpkin pie from the corralitos market, yumyum...

 
At 6:33 PM, November 08, 2007, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

we're coming over!

 
At 6:37 PM, November 08, 2007, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

darn, I bet it would be gone by the time we got all the way down to your area...

 
At 8:52 PM, November 08, 2007, Blogger Itinerant Rick said...

All thing pumpkins, I am there. Except I never get pumpkin lattes; figure why get artificial pumpkin flavor when there are so many things with the real deal - pie, bread, muffins, .....

 
At 10:37 PM, November 08, 2007, Blogger ~ lauren said...

the best is pumpkin pie for breakfast the day after thanksgiving.

you put back the yoga mat?

 
At 6:42 AM, November 09, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

yeah, I put back the yoga mat. They had a whole yoga section at this Target. You could even get yoga totes for your yoga mats amd matching yoga bricks. I couldn't help but think that yoga has jumped the shark when there is a section at Target for it

 
At 7:29 AM, November 09, 2007, Blogger marscat said...

Purple yoga mat with carrying straps
Snakes on a Plane DVD

But I came to my senses on both accounts.


so wise

 
At 9:25 AM, November 09, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

we have a lot of green mantises around here

and i bet it was a she

 
At 9:30 AM, November 09, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

she was gone this morning

 
At 9:37 AM, November 11, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

i like to go to target and carry around a bunch of stuff that i think i might buy and then leave it in a pile 10 feet from the register when i realize that i don't need ANY of it and being in target is a hazard to my bank account.

dangerous place, target is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>