Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Another day in hell


There's an opening in our department that I have been interviewing for. I blocked out Halloween because I will be too busy to do interviews tomorrow. I am busting out the gargoyle wings and hoping to repeat my costume win from last year. So, no time for accounting stuff. Besides, gargoyles can't do math.

So that meant I had to do a few interviews today. Well, I should have blocked off today too because we were very busy making pearly gates and gates of hell with only cardboard and trash bags.

And there is cardboard and glitter and cotton batting and red crepe paper and strapping tape, and ladder and glue all over the office.

And there is my box of wigs that I brought in to help others with their costumes. And white tulle, and cheap pitchforks and, of course, gargoyle wings.

And its pretty chaotic.

But I managed to get through the day and the interviews and was about to turn off the computer when I saw a shadow from my head. Caused by the angel halo I have had on all afternoon.

I guess they go with the mammo pasties.

8 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, October 30, 2007, Blogger Lilly Bella said...

So did you wear your halo to the interviews? thats funny

it could have been worse, you could have been wearing the horns.

I think its important to be able to trust accountants and controllers or whatever the hell you do now.

 
At 8:08 PM, October 30, 2007, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

hope it all went today...pics please of the office gates & gargoyles...ooh, we just had an earthquake...

 
At 8:21 PM, October 30, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

i haven't worn flair for an interview yet.....might have to try it

 
At 8:23 PM, October 30, 2007, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

we felt the earthquake here!!!

 
At 9:45 PM, October 30, 2007, Blogger Happy Snappy said...

At least they'll know what they are getting into now.

 
At 10:01 PM, October 30, 2007, Blogger marscat said...

yeah pics please...

 
At 7:05 AM, October 31, 2007, Blogger Emily said...

How could they not hire you for the job with the halo? They've got to love creative, think outside of the box people.

 
At 9:09 AM, October 31, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

I would totally work for a boss who wore a halo to an interview!

Or horns for that matter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>