Thursday, November 01, 2007

Now then, where were we?


I rode the reservoir loop today at lunch. It was nice, even if it did take me about 10 minutes longer than normal.

Sometime this summer, I was getting bored of the reservoir loop. Its pretty and all, but there is only so many times you can ride around the same circle of land.

But I haven't ridden the loop in about 2 months, and it was refreshing and not at all boring. However, I think the hills have gotten steeper in the meantime. Maybe that earthquake pushed up the ground or something.

I almost didn't make it because I am out of practice. I almost forgot my clothes and then couldn't find my helmet and my gloves are all dirty and I forgot water. You can tell you aren't riding enough when you don't have those little organizing routines dialed.

I'll get there. I want to ride my bike now. And then maybe I'll want to train some. Might dust off the heartrate monitor. Might consider intervals at some point. But for now, I just want to remember my helmet and wash the gloves.

10 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, November 01, 2007, Blogger ginmtb said...

Is that where those people were catching the last few fish in a puddle?

 
At 5:05 PM, November 01, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Just the other side of the road from that. Now, not only is the little puddle on the other side of the road gone, but so is most of the water in the reservoir. Thats an old bridge out there, that I never knew existed as its usually covered in water.

 
At 5:07 PM, November 01, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

it must be something in the air

i threw all my gloves in the wash this week

 
At 5:19 PM, November 01, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

and got my new helmet finally adjusted and on my head

i guess that means it's going to snow soon

 
At 6:59 AM, November 02, 2007, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

it is a known fact that hills grow in the off sesason...

 
At 8:28 AM, November 02, 2007, Blogger marscat said...

i love the off sesason

 
At 8:28 AM, November 02, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

when i click on the pic, the bridge looks p-shopped...

but my eyes are a little tired this morning.

one of these days it'll feel nice to be back on the bike, for now, i'll live through you...

 
At 8:45 AM, November 02, 2007, Blogger jen said...

"it is a known fact that hills grow in the off sesason..."

Is that what happened? I went climbing on wednesday. Or, maybe i should say I tried to go climbing. Ooof.

But I did have clean gloves, and one for each hand, which is some kind of miracle.

 
At 9:32 AM, November 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

for some reason lately, i've been riding without gloves...

did somebody say snow?

 
At 2:29 PM, November 04, 2007, Blogger broxster said...

Snap! I took this picture in September.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>