Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Pumpkin Pie in the Sky


I should know better than to take my lunch ride at 3:00ish. 3:00ish is the most dangerous time on the roads. I think I almost got killed about 4 times within 15 minutes.

But I was determined to ride my bike no matter what. No more excuses. Not even a lunch meeting that runs until 2:30. So if I have to risk life and limb amongst giant stinky school buses that have no proprioception, then so be it.

I didn't take a cam phone pic today though. It was the same old loop so it would have been the same old picture of the same old empty reservoir.

I rode the Dawg at Demo this weekend and I don't have any pictures of that either. Holy moly it was a hoot. Michael and I rode from home and met up with Russell who was testing out some demo bikes.

There were a lot of people out there, but as is the way with Demo, we hardly encountered anyone. Except at the beginning of the descent. Some guys were about to make their way down the trail. I sort of "cut" in front of them to get to the trailhead first because I was feeling Dawg cocky. One guy got a bit offended and yelled "are you guys fast or slow?". But by the time he finished his sentence I was already shifting it into the big ring. We never saw them again.

Riding the Dawg was a blast. I was smiling so hard I thought I was going to explode. I rode so much that I was outright exhausted when I got home. I think I went to bed at 7:30 or something. And now, all I can think about is going out and doing it again.

9 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, November 06, 2007, Blogger marscat said...

I was smiling so hard I thought I was going to explode.


smile, grimace...i'm so confused

 
At 6:28 PM, November 06, 2007, Blogger Rye said...

Dawg-gone that makes me wanna ride me some Full Sup'ers. hehe "Are you fast or slow" HAHAHA that's the Demo during a THC Demo, all the tards come out to play.

 
At 7:16 PM, November 06, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

now all i can think about is pumpkin pie in the sky

 
At 11:58 PM, November 06, 2007, Blogger russellp said...

When you've got trails like that out your back door, you'd better get out and ride. It was a hoot ('specially with full suspension to help hide my 'tardedness).

Dried up reservoir: UvasCross? It's not like we could make it any uglier.

 
At 9:32 AM, November 07, 2007, Blogger ~ lauren said...

i rode out there once with morgan. best day ever!

those trails are so, so fun.

they're the kind of trails that you sing really loud on while you swoop along.

i LOVE pumpkin pie.

 
At 10:59 AM, November 07, 2007, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

question from random biker guy at beginning of demo descent ... in tennis shoes: "are you fast or slow"


response: canadian.



that's all they needed to know.

 
At 12:10 PM, November 07, 2007, Blogger jen said...

fast or slow. ha!

if they only knew...

 
At 12:21 PM, November 07, 2007, Blogger erein said...

You said proprioception. :)

 
At 1:27 PM, November 07, 2007, Blogger russellp said...

response: canadian

I think I'm being baited...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>