Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Creating


Maybe - though I do not bleed - I am wounded,
walking along one of the rays of your life.
In the middle of the jungle the water stops me,
the rain that falls with its sky.

Then I touch the heart that fell, raining:
there I know it was your eyes
that pierced me, into my grief's vast hinterlands.
And only a shadow's whisper appears,
Who is it? Who is it?, but it has no name,
the leaf of dark water that patters
in the middle of the jungle, deaf along the paths:

so, my love, I knew that I was wounded,
and no one spoke there except the shadows,
the wandering night, the kiss of the rain.


I didn't write that, of course, Neruda did. If I tried to write it, well, it would just come out all ridiculous and contrived. So I am stealing Neruda's.

I do need to create though. And not just a chocolate cake.

I have gone too long without creating, and its gnawing at me. Making me feel a little wooden and oppressed.

Speaking of which, have you shopped at Etsy? Its a kindler gentler Ebay for handmade items. Its a little hard to make your way through the millions of items, but I love the concept. And I love wandering through the creations of everyday folks.

I think I'll ride the Dawg today.

7 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, November 21, 2007, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

bow-wow-yippie-ow ..

 
At 11:14 PM, November 21, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

pie counts

at least if the crust is a little fancy

but i'd count cake too

 
At 7:34 AM, November 22, 2007, Blogger Lilly Bella said...

You're getting distracted from making my favorite yam dish...FOCUS!

thats right, Pablo was writing about how his heart ached for yams.

save some for me...pleazzze.

we're gonna miss our buds on T-day, but let me tell ya, when its your turn with the fam, you can be really be grateful for friends. (and by that I mean...lightweight tequila drinkin ones)

 
At 10:47 AM, November 22, 2007, Blogger ~ lauren said...

ooh, that's a neat site. they're in NY.

i'm re-evaluating my creativeness too. i'm going to do it while riding a lot over the next few months.

i just got laid off yesterday, from a creative job that they moved overseas.

there's so many cool things out there to do. not sure where to start.

 
At 4:40 PM, November 22, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Oh bummer , Lauren, but a good excuse to reevaluate.

I wish I could be creative at work. I bring my creativity to my job as much as I can, but...its not the same. Its not whats expected of me.

And yes, riding is when I am at my most creative. Riding and creating. Awwww...

 
At 5:53 PM, November 22, 2007, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

today is a good reminder to be thankful for what we have.



and then, let's nod our heads and step foreward to what we want to have.

 
At 7:14 PM, November 23, 2007, Blogger marscat said...

oh i know that feeling lots...

i feel quite wretched when i don't create...but then sometimes after i've created i think....

what shit is this??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>