Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I can't help myself


Reason #113, originally uploaded by Sabine Dukes.


I really shouldn't blog this picture, but damn, it cracks me up too much not to share it with a few of my friends.

Besides, he has it coming. For giving me a goofball training plan.

I think he's actually kind of given up on training me and using that part of his brain to help people who might actually take his advice once in a while. For people who actually want to workout and have some discipline and stuff. For people who don't nod their head and promise yes they will do 2 sets of 7 minute intervals on a flat road in the wind when they know full well they are going to go mtb and hit that tricky section of Rocky Ridge instead.

But still. He could at least humor me a little.

So, you wanna know the training plan he gave me?

Monday: ride the Dawg up steep fireroads in the granny ring
Tuesday: ride the Dawg up steep fireroads in the granny ring
Wednesday: ride the Dawg up steep fireroads in the granny ring
Thursday: Finally get the tires replaced on the Toaster
Friday: ride the Dawg up steep fireroads in the granny ring
Saturday: MTB Ride (which usually involves climbing steep fireroad in the granny ring)
Sunday: Who can plan that far ahead?

Yep. Thats it. Thats my super secret training plan.

I think, today at lunch, I will hit up that tricky section of Rocky Ridge.

9 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, January 16, 2008, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

Thursday is an interesting workout...how Mon, tues & wed are all the same?

 
At 5:27 PM, January 16, 2008, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

that Rocky Ridge is steep, yeah?


all good, then.
-


and damn that picture ...

 
At 5:34 PM, January 16, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it!

 
At 6:19 PM, January 16, 2008, Blogger X Bunny said...

how many weeks will it be before thursday's workout changes......?!

 
At 8:16 PM, January 16, 2008, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

ya know, Howie has always had that effect on me too...

 
At 10:42 AM, January 17, 2008, Blogger marscat said...

linda and i walked to a restaurant yesterday. that was our workout.

 
At 1:44 PM, January 17, 2008, Blogger jen said...

Yikes. I mean, I like a little climbing with my climbing, but it's all about knowing when to say when.

Like yesterday, I went surfing instead of climbing. There were dolphins :-)

 
At 3:35 PM, January 17, 2008, Blogger erein said...

How interesting. My BF does the same. Just out of the blue he'll say something like "you need to climb more" or " work on your sprints" or "do more intervals"; to which I listen, nod thoughtfully, then go for a run.

 
At 12:57 PM, January 21, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

rocky ridge sounds an awful lot like rocky road.

i wouldnt mind eating rocky road in my granny ring every day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>