Wednesday, January 23, 2008

For Sale: 1991 Gorilla


My mom is selling her boyfriend's car. He can't drive it anymore. Or at least he "shouldn't" drive it anymore.

My mom caught him heading down Ord Grove Avenue into oncoming traffic.

His car is a 1991 Nissan 300Z with only 58,000 miles on it. But before you get too excited...its white with a red leather interior. Thats right, I said red leather.

So my mom wants me to put an ad in Craigslist for her. And I asked her to send me a picture of the car for the ad.

And today I got an email from my mom that said "here is the picture of the Nissan" and attached to the email was a very random picture of a gorilla. (above)

Huh?

~~~


Bella training camp was this weekend.

Training might be stretching it a bit though. Unless one is training for a wine tasting marathon, or a frat house party, or one of those roman parties where you gorge yourself and throw up.

We really are out of control.

Or maybe just I am.

Whichever, I was pretty hungover for part of the training camp weekend. I am going to blame it all on Marscat and Susie because they took me wine tasting.

This is what I remember about bella camp:

Belgian waffles
climb , freeway aaaack!, climb, climb, freeway aack!
Wine tasting
pepperoni pizza with wine
Creme brulee with port
Tums with excedrin
8 glasses of water in the middle of the night.
Belgian waffles
spin, happy, spin, spin
windy crit practice
grabbing dollar bills out of Laura's ass
keeping Laura from grabbing dollar bills out of my ass
sidewalk nap
portapotty dash
spin, happy, spin, spin

And then, somehow, I came home with more bottles of wine than I arrived with.

And did not ride in the rain.

Now if that ain't a perfect camp, I don't know what is.

6 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, January 24, 2008, Blogger marscat said...

they took me wine tasting.

oh that's funny...

 
At 8:48 AM, January 24, 2008, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

ok maybe we should not drink as much at next year's training camp...

and I heard the wine tasting included mulitple 2oz pours...

 
At 9:14 AM, January 24, 2008, Blogger Susie said...

For the record, it was Sabine's idea to go "buy wine for dinner". Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

And no mention of the deodorant mix-up?

 
At 9:33 AM, January 24, 2008, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

yeehaw!

 
At 12:46 PM, January 24, 2008, Blogger Itinerant Rick said...

Love to go down in that area and just ride around visiting wineries. Good excuse to have the touring bike with me - lots of carrying capacity!

I take it the freeway climbing refers to the Cuesta grade. Possibly OK early in the morning, but a bit scary overall.

 
At 1:29 PM, January 24, 2008, Blogger jen said...

I would so have gotten dropped.

And I'm not talking about the climbing.

Glad it was fun. Yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>