Friday, February 16, 2007

Days of Wine and Roses


Is there really such a thing as a healthy addiction?


~~

I am excited about going to Coalinga tomorrow. Not even Coalinga but "near Coalinga". A road that parallels Highway 5 near Coalinga to be even more exact. A place known for dairy farms and highway stop gas stations and one of the scariest Chinese restaurants I have ever seen. Nevertheless I've been looking forward to it all week.

What the hell is wrong with me?

I sure can't tell you much about the best boutique hotel in Montreal, or the best shoe store in Paris, or the best spa in Aspen. But I can give you the hookup on post race dining in Copperopolis, Near Coalinga, Bakersfield, and Minden.

~~

I took the shot at the top during an interval this week. Outright stopped mid-interval to pull out the camera phone. Now that I look at it up there I am not so sure it was worth it. At the time it seemed so lovely and romantic that passing without acknowledging seemed sacriligous somehow...but now I am thinking that maybe I was just ovulating.
or pmsing.
Which is the one that makes your boobies hurt?

~~

Hero Worship.

When the NBA All Stars come to Vegas, front row seats are brokered for $28,000.

When NBA players listen to certain music, or drive certain cars, or party in certain cities, those things become over the top popular.

When NBA players put their names on shoes, kids practically kill each other for them.

When a former top ranked and admired NBA star announces that he hates gays and that they shouldn't be in the world.....?


~~

I should go to Target and see what new frizzle frazzle they have.

10 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, February 16, 2007, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

NBA Basketball used to be, by far, my favrite of the 'big four' pro sports. The grace, skill and power of those guys is amazing.

Not any more. It's down in the gutter with pro baseball and football. Hockey still firmly occupies the basement because they encourage fighting on the ice, and will never clean it up.

I think pro cycling is heading down the same path as other pro sports. Too much about the sport is dictated by business decisions (ie, its all about the money). I would much prefer it if it would stay a small frings sport.

At the same time, i would like to see bicycles fully accepted as a form of transportation and recreation.

I just don't think pro cycling is, or will be likely to in the future, help that cause....

-

Sorry, hijacked the post.

That photo is quite lovely. : )

 
At 3:09 PM, February 16, 2007, Blogger Brent said...

I liked the photo and curious where I could get the fringed tiger body suit.

 
At 4:51 PM, February 16, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

so is flair, like, so last week...

and now we are supposed to say frizzle frazzle?

 
At 7:45 PM, February 16, 2007, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

Sir Charles Barkley was cool and had some pretty open-minded comments too..

there is an In and Out near your hotet...ours is a dive...should have spent the extra $$$ but the kitties are happy...they want to see Kiki and Migo...marscat made rice krispie treats, but she keeps eating them...

 
At 7:58 PM, February 16, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

and Barkley sells more tennis shoes too.

 
At 8:16 PM, February 16, 2007, Blogger marscat said...

that photo...worth the interval interuptus.

and what's the hookup on Coalinga?

 
At 10:08 PM, February 16, 2007, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

the hookup on Coalinga?

Eat in Madera on the way down like we did.....

"hi, we're here!"

 
At 10:08 PM, February 16, 2007, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

the hookup on Coalinga?

Eat in Madera on the way down like we did.....

"hi, we're here!"

 
At 3:15 PM, February 18, 2007, Blogger Lilly Bella said...

Hey Marsy and Ippoc, How come you didn't tell me there were krispies in da house? bad kitties

I like the krispie.

I would work hard for the krispie instead I got krispie out there by working hard.

 
At 8:21 PM, February 19, 2007, Blogger ginmtb said...

I used to go to Coalinga once a month to work with a contractor that was building a $300 million sexual predator facility err, state hospital. Lovely place. Couldn't wear jeans to the site because right next door was the prison. If someone broke out they might mistake you for a prisoner - jeans was their standard attire so had to crack out the khakis. I was told, if someone yells, "GET DOWN!!", do it, as it probably wasn't a joke and bullets might be flying overhead.

What a hell hole.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>