Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Playground


I want to talk about The Vuelta, which got a hair more interesting today. And Tom and Manuel and the whole Discovery team doing well, but not doing anything. And who's the leader of their team? So confused.

And what was Petacchi thinking?

I want to talk about Cranky Frankie's admission and especially his feisty wife. Jeez, that is one pissed off lady. I am telling you, its going to be these spouses that may eventually pull down the house of cards that is currently silencing the peloton. Either someone pissed at the system for what she's seeing her guy go through, or someone pissed at the guy for doinking a podium girl and looking for a little retribution. Either way, Betsy did not hold back.

I like the name Betsy by way. Ah well, cat's already been named.

I want to talk about the first cyclocross race held in Belgium and won by Sven (V. not N.) and how cx season is almost here and I can't wait and a one day cross race is so much more exciting that this utterly painfully slow Vuelta. I want to talk about how much I love how loony cross is too. Just damn loony.

Need to figure out what I am wearing for Halloween.

I want to ride my bike at lunch because its gorgeous outside and my cross bike is in the car and wouldn't those trails I ride all the time at Santa Theresa be a fun new challenge on the cross bike.



Sigh...but no time for any of that. I have to head off to another meeting instead.

And pretend to be a grown up.

11 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, September 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think Frankie's wifie is pissed at what is going on...starting with Frankie's being sacked by surprise as directeur sportif with TU after getting back from TDF...a lot of behind the scene stuff going on...

today's Vuelta was attack after attack from Vino and Sastra trying to crack Valverde...didn't happen! yes, an awesome stage finally...foggy, wet, steep finish, attacks...yeah!

good stuff in your summary...

 
At 12:45 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger EB said...

My mom's a Betsy. Betsys are a fiesty bunch.

 
At 2:04 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger marscat said...

it'd be way cool if the Betsys blew the whole ugly scene wide open.

Heavens to Betsy!

 
At 5:17 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger jAndy donka-donk said...

I think that in trying to silence the andreu's he was threatened. when they didnt listen he got sacked, and now he has no reason to hold back....

I think it is awesome, I wish it would just blow up though instead of all dribblin out here and there....

I am so the follower, if people dont stop (blog world and not) blowing up cross I might just have to get dirty, I am running out of excuses......

 
At 5:31 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

that half naked guy looks funnier in the reflection...

you could always change Emma to Betsy...Marcast was a Sharon before she was an Erika and that was after two weeks without even having a name...

go wives! I'd love to know what Lance's first wife knows????

 
At 7:05 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

when the kid at the bike shop was trying to help me with my saddle choice and asked if we have kids (his polite way of finding out if my pelvic bones have stretched wide), pab answered
'no, we are kids'

 
At 8:17 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger Lothar Glerbny said...

I admire the guy in the white. He looks like he is trying to figure out how to avoid the mud puddle...hee hee.

 
At 8:22 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

i so wanna grow a beard now.

 
At 10:34 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

little VB...

it is oK to PRETEND to be a grown up....

but only sometimes.

 
At 12:44 PM, September 13, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

been playing grown up ll week (i know hard to imagine) but i messed up by almost flling asleep in the meetings

its nice over here too, wish i had a bike to ride, gonna go for a walk instead...

tandum scheduled for saturday though!!!!!!

 
At 6:25 PM, September 13, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

yay tandems!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>