Monday, August 28, 2006

Let the Monday begin


Monday.
Always a jolt to awaken and remember that I only live the bella lifestyle on the weekends.

SO anyway, its Monday at work and I am tired from all the racing, and the friend visiting, and the wine, and the kitty playing of the weekend. I decide that I just can't do decaf today. I need allcaf.

I shuffle over to the office coffee pot and give the top a good press. But instead of pouring out luscious brown go juice, it announces its emptiness with a series of air-y spurgles and gurgles.

Wah. Now I have to make a pot of coffee (which I don't mind) and wait as it brews for my cup of coffee (which I mind very much). I get mad at whomever took the last drop and walked away without making a new pot. "Who would do that?", I wonder to myself, "they need to go back to kindergarten".

I mumble something to myself about common courtesy and begin the making of a new pot. I decide to share my mumblings with a co-worker while I wait for it to brew. In her office, we kvetch about people who don't make a new pot even though it only takes 30 seconds. We move on to kvetch about those who don't clean the microwave after their burrito explodes, and those who take your half and half, and those who don't flush.

Now I am feeling quite superior because I am one of those who will make a new pot, and I always flush, and I've only stolen someone's else's half and half under dire and desperate circumstances (I was out and needed some dammit!).

With this air of courtesy superiority I head back to the coffee pot, my cup in hand ready for the coffee that I made.

And I stop right before the luscious brown go juice tidal waved over my danskos.

In front of me was a lake of coffee on the floor. The lake was being filled from a lovely brown waterfall cascading down the drawers and cabinets. The waterfall came from the coffee machine which was reliably spewing out coffee from under the filter basket.

Because I had not yet had my coffee it took me a moment to realize that the pot on the counter needed to be placed under the spewing filter basket. Seems as if during my mumblings of common courtesy blah blah blah I had forgotten a crucial coffee making step. And now, I not only had no coffee, but I had one hell of a mess to clean up.

So I cleaned it. And I finally got my cup of coffee. And my hands and clothes smell like coffee. And its only 4 days until Friday.

18 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

Too bad about the coffee mess, but good going at San Ardo.

 
At 12:14 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

i sometimes leave little bits of coffee grounds on my hands after i make my sweetie coffee to wave under his nose when he is having trouble getting out of bed

it works very well

and this helps you not at all today but i thought about it when you said you smelled all over like coffee now....

uh

hope your boobs don't hurt too much

 
At 1:26 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

oooooo

blogger is being a pita and i don't have the patience for it today!!

 
At 1:39 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Boobs hurt? Is there a story there?

BTW, I've been there (with the coffee pot, not the boobs).

 
At 1:39 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:43 PM, August 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

after reading your blog...I got some coffee...

 
At 2:22 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

i was going to leave a comment--something clever, as always....

but then you girls started talking about 'girl stuff'.

i'm outta here...

 
At 3:10 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger marscat said...

who drinks office coffee for gawdsakes?


and congrats at san ardo!!!

 
At 3:19 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Our office coffee is good.

 
At 3:23 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger Frostbike said...

Oh, I've done that. Fortunately it was at home so I didn't have to smell of coffee all day at work.

Our office coffee sucks, but I still drink it. /cheapskate

 
At 3:51 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

and I am going to continue to be cryptic about the boobs/coffee because I know that drives VG nuts.

 
At 4:40 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger EB said...

(skidding through the door...) Did somebody say boobs?

 
At 4:43 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

nobody but us boobs here

 
At 9:23 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Cryptic payback? I could just make up a good story. Let's see.

Hernando and the Queen go to the Grill in King City and neither one has a wallet with them. They've already noshed on lunch and rather than offer a bike in trade for lunch, or do dishes, or part with that VP t-shirt, the Queen offers a little boob to the waiter. He says "yes," but on the condition that she shares with all the kitchen staff too. After a marathon round of fondling, Ms. D. limps out onto Broadway where she runs into VG and the Tri-Flowers leaving the Guadalahara. Big hug from VG followed by a big grunt from Ms. D. Of course, VG has no idea why Ms. D. was grunting (assumed latent attraction?). Now she knows.

Was that it?

 
At 10:05 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

i am pretty sure the original source of my knowledge on this subject, such as it is, was from a much earlier vbb post

it's all there
in the archives

i am pretty sure it was another monday post

 
At 8:38 AM, August 29, 2006, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

XB -- Who has time to research archives when I can create my own story? Afterall, isn't that what the news is all about?

 
At 11:47 AM, August 29, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

you guys are silly

and you making fun of my grunthug?

 
At 9:25 PM, August 29, 2006, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

grunthug?

grunt hug?

ground hog?

huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>