Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Gremlins, kitties and the piggly wiggly


Is there anything cuter than kittens?

There is, there is Jodie.

I rode down to the San Martin Animal Shelter today to look at their kitties (someone in the household is demanding a kitty). I wasn't taken by any of the kitties there, but I was taken by Jodie.

I don't need another dog. Oy...that would just be crazy talk. But if you do, and you live near enough to San Martin, you have to see Jodie. She is the sweetest, loveablest, dog I have seen in some time. And funny. Just a silly silly dog, made even sillier by her piggly wiggly like features. You know, how some dogs just come along and there is something magic about them? Thats Jodie.

~~

I am real close to adopting a precocious little kitty I met yesterday named Gizmo. I didn't want a male, and Michael didn't want a Maine Coonish cat. But damn, this little shyte just took my notice.

I have this feeling that taking this kitty into our lives is asking for it. Gizmo is one of those cats that just go looking for trouble. Rambunctious and energetic, curious and intelligent, sweet and sensitive, but fiercely independent.

He should fit right in with the rest of the crew at Dukes Hotet.

9 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, August 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's always to tempting...i love dogs...we had 4 Sibes (our sled team) - 3 have passed and one left...we have great memories - we don't have that time anymore...

 
At 3:36 PM, August 16, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

bring me my KITTY!

 
At 3:51 PM, August 16, 2006, Blogger Little_Jewford said...

do you want to touch your kitty?

 
At 4:22 PM, August 16, 2006, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

i once met an elephant seal named Gizmo. that is a very good name.

VB, you are very bad for posting cute animal pics, though. Veloraindog ran a cute puppy pic the other day, which led to looking at more cute animal pics, and next thing I knew there was tantrum about to be thrown if a baby bunny was not presented in a basket RIGHT NOW...

Luckily, I think we got distracted by falling down on our cross bikes in the front yard...

 
At 4:36 PM, August 16, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

I think Gizmo is being adopted out from under me right now as I type....waaaaaaaah

I wanted the gremlin kitty!!! I mean, Michael wanted the kitty.

That cute overload site was killing me by the way.

 
At 4:42 PM, August 16, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

i have no control with cute animals

i have no idea how you can post these pictures and not have brought them home.....!

 
At 7:42 PM, August 16, 2006, Blogger erein said...

Oh tabby cats are the best! They have such loveable personalities.

 
At 7:43 PM, August 16, 2006, Blogger erein said...

you do realize that cat is going to grow into his ears and be huge, right?

 
At 3:06 PM, August 17, 2006, Blogger jAndy donka-donk said...

I wanna dog really bad, but my roommate won't let me.....

Your silly dog almost sold me......

I want a little 'tude dog, a Jack Tustle or a French Bulldog....

Kitties dnt have enough energy to keep up, my parents cat hates me cause I mess with him too much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>