Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Honey, thats us

Stumbled on this on the Alto Velo list of all things. If it weren't smack dab in the middle of cross season, I can think of someone perfect for this.

Ballet San Jose looking for male extras
The dance company will open its 2006-2007 season with a new production of `Giselle'' and the production needs eight to 10 male volunteers to serve as extras. They will be part of the ballet's royal court and a hunting party, according to Ballet San Jose spokesman Lee Kopp.

Extras need to be between 5 feet 8 inches and 6 feet tall and weigh between 140 and 185 pounds with a waist size of between 28 and 35 inches. Extras would have to attend several rehearsals as well as the performances scheduled for Nov. 16 through Nov. 19 at the San Jose Center for the Performing Arts.

``They generally attend three or four rehearsals,'' Kopp said. ``We try and keep it easy on them, about an hour each rehearsal.''

Extras would also have to attend costume fittings, according to Kopp.

Giselle, a 150-year old French ballet, tells the story of Albrecht and Giselle, whose love is put to the test by beautiful but deadly spirits with supernatural powers who force young men to dance to their deaths.

Dance to their deaths.

I think I've come close to doing that a few times. And its a blast each time. Michael and I would pass that test no problem. So would Laura (my other dance partner) and I. Laura and I may not have much horsepower on the bikes, but we can take on anyone on the dance floor, by gosh. Bring it. Well, except for maybe Brent, because his 80s dancing is off the hook.

I'm going to quench my mtb hankerings tonight. I think I am way overdue for some dance quenching too. I'll have to look up the possibilities. The kitchen is nice enough and all, but sometimes you need room to let loose.

4 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, August 09, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

me wantee!

 
At 12:09 PM, August 09, 2006, Blogger Lilly Bella said...

The Dancing Deli Divas return!

That Diana Ross wig is over your top...

I think its telling we can pull up so many photos from our bbl (before blog lives)

Check you out! too funny. Love that black velvet kitty pantsuit.
meooow...

I think we should do the Pink Bella Act again.

It has many possibilities.

 
At 12:22 PM, August 09, 2006, Blogger jAndy donka-donk said...

if I wasnt sooooo short I would so be there......

Sukie would prob make me wear my costume to bed though.....

 
At 2:45 PM, August 09, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

its as if we are living vicariously through our own past

we need a party

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>