Thursday, August 03, 2006

Coffee break

I just found out that my boss had crystal surgery while he vacationing in Brazil. The CFO of a company, paid someone to wave crytals around his ears to fix his hearing and something unmentionable. He claims it worked. He was also still wearing his hearing aids. I fortunately have no details on the unmentionable.

Damn, I work in a crazy place.

Thats why I like it so much.

My old job wasn't crazy. It was professional and tough and would have been great for my career...except I don't want a career. At least not in the usual ladder climbing, glass ceiling breaking, hear me roaring, pantsuit wearing, 60 hour a week sense.

I'm smart, educated, capable...but mostly I just want to ride my bike and play. And spend time with my sweetie.

If I won the lottery, I would most definitely NOT continue working. Who are these people that answer that they would? I dont care if I had the best job in the whole wide world. I would quit it.

Sure, I would take that money and do something good and altruistic with it...but mostly I would just ride my bike and play. And spend time with my sweetie.

14 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, August 03, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

yay!

 
At 11:48 AM, August 03, 2006, Blogger Pizie said...

You go girl! I would do the same. You have to enjoy life.

 
At 11:48 AM, August 03, 2006, Blogger Pizie said...

You go girl! I would do the same. You have to enjoy life.

 
At 11:52 AM, August 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

monthly period sucks - specially when it comes on race weekend - like my experience Livermore and Albany weekend - ugh!

can't wait for menopause...

 
At 1:27 PM, August 03, 2006, Blogger erein said...

I'd move into a big old house with a huge dirt lot in the back for building dirt jumps and/or a pump track! :)

And work? No way. No way, no way.

 
At 2:02 PM, August 03, 2006, Blogger Lilly Bella said...

"I'm smart, educated, capable...but mostly I just want to ride my bike and play. And spend time with my sweetie."

and that my friend is exactly what makes you so damn smart and grounded. Grounded in the centered sense not in the "oops I'm in trouble again sense" (that would be my life =)

I want to retire in 5 years, but I'm not calling it retiring its more like redefining.

 
At 3:05 PM, August 03, 2006, Blogger nicknameless said...

your office sounds like way more fun than mine....I don't get chakra stories

 
At 3:07 PM, August 03, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

I am going to do crystal surgery to Michael tonight. Poor man can only eat bananas and pasta.

A good swipe with an amethyst oughta cure him

or maybe some chicken soup and rest

 
At 6:31 PM, August 03, 2006, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

you can't win if you don't play...

 
At 7:13 PM, August 03, 2006, Blogger Nrjetik1 said...

There is definitely something to be said about having a job you love and making time to play. As we all know, you never know what can happen.
Flandria, As for Menopause, I'm not so sure it's that great.....I want to put it off as long as possible..

 
At 8:44 AM, August 04, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

somebody once asked me if i was into this type of healing, something they felt from my aura as i walked into the room....

 
At 8:47 AM, August 04, 2006, Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

I'm with ya.....quit the job and have the biggest bicycle collection ever. Plus, I'd probably get everyone I know a bicycle - and more bicycles. Bicycles everywhere!

 
At 12:09 PM, August 04, 2006, Blogger EB said...

I've always thought I would work part-time if I won the lottery, but I have never dealt well with free time (me = tweaker).

My boy has big plans to start his own pro team when he wins, and I could probably be convinced to consider that my job...assuming he'd hire me :).

 
At 12:36 PM, August 04, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Oh, I'm quite certain I would be busy...play does not mean lounging.

But I wouldn't want paid work. I would want to work on my terms. Because, if someone is paying you, no matter how awesome the job, its never on your terms.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>