Friday, July 21, 2006

I'm in love with another woman

While my sweetie and other guys profess their man love for Floyd, I gotta take a moment to profess a little woman love of my own.

I am in love with Wendy Simms.

Now, this is no cutesy Bella rah-rah stuff. You'll find that stuff over in Latest and Greatest. Babble has always been about Lilly and I spouting out whatever the hell we feel like, regardless of sponsor and team responsibilites. You will find no gratutitous rah rah here.

And even with all that, I gotta say,
I am in love with Wendy Simms.

Sure, she's cute. But aren't all mountain bikers?

Sure, she's fast. Up against the best at Sea Otter, she placed an amazing 4th in the cross country event. And don't even let me start on her mad cx skillz.



Cute and Fast is nice and all, especially when you are a women's race team.

But there is a whole lot more to being a professional bike racer than being fast. And thats the part that Wendy has dialed. I am too tired (because tour watching is cutting into my sleep time) to rail out the details. But suffice it to say, she is mature, independent, unselfish, gracious, conscientious, thankful, and always professional. And she understands very well her role as a leader on a chaotic and diverse women's development team run by volunteers with hearts of gold.

She is a breath of fresh air. And one of the reasons, that when things get ugly (as they sometimes do unfortunately) myself and others still love doing this.

6 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, July 21, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

... and, she's got hot legs.

 
At 1:53 PM, July 21, 2006, Blogger ginmtb said...

Single?

Oh wait, I guess I would have to be for that to matter I guess kinda sorta maybe whatever.

 
At 4:21 PM, July 21, 2006, Blogger marscat said...

<>

sign of the womb

 
At 10:39 PM, July 21, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

i gotta mean this woman

 
At 9:27 AM, July 22, 2006, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

we assume you "mean"...."meet"

you must have stayed up past your bedtime.

-

riding up that stinkin hill is my new goal for this cross season....

 
At 9:37 PM, July 23, 2006, Blogger Wendy Simms said...

.....y'all are making me blush!

W.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>