Friday, July 21, 2006

Non Sequi-"Tours"

The drama of the Tour. Gripping. The kind of gripping that leaves you glued to your television and puts your job at stake. In the last two days of the tour we are left wondering who will win.

But the real burning question remains: how many viewers will actually buy a SAAB? I’m not so sure about a car, but if SAAB made a bike, I just might be interested. The only drawback to a SAAB bike? Jets add a tad bit of weight. And I'm not exactly sure if they are UCI compliant.

Since we’re on the subject of marketing and the tour, how ‘bout that clever Rabbit ad? It took me about two or three times of seeing it before I realized the pun. You have to admit “the birds and the bees” music coupled with the black and white baby rabbit, well, somebody surely had their thinking cap on! Makes me want to go buy one. But I think I’ll save my money for a SAAB jet bike.

And finally: have Phil, Paul, Al and Bobkee been dipping into the “juice” lately? Their constant Leipheimer /Landis boo-boos and Bobkee’s off-air giggly laughter and cursing leaves me wondering. Anyone see them chatting with Dr. Fuentes lately?

9 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, July 21, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

yeah, the SAAB and Wabbit ads are ok ... but i'm still trying to shake off ick of Enzyte Bob.

that 15 seconds is over.

 
At 4:27 PM, July 21, 2006, Blogger marscat said...

took me a while too...then i quized linda...just to make myself feel good.

and did you notice the cars go into private places in
twos...

my favorite tho is the Direct TV ad with the creepy
roommate

 
At 4:53 PM, July 21, 2006, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

what about flomax, zsa zsa and I saw a convertible car with four older gentlemen riding in it, we both screamed out "flomax", how's that for name recognition...

 
At 5:34 PM, July 21, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

i've been wondering about the hooch and those announcers for some time already

i think they are wearing boxers behind those tables and have their stock of favorite drinks

 
At 5:42 PM, July 21, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

My favorite ad is the Burt Bacharach ad for....I think Geico?

 
At 6:20 PM, July 21, 2006, Blogger Nrjetik1 said...

Thank god they took off those heinous Lombardi commercials with that racer dude shaving his legs, then his eyebrows and freaking out about finding a white hair!! Those were soooooo bad...
I like Burt B ;)

 
At 6:33 PM, July 21, 2006, Blogger ginmtb said...

Nice shot - I used that image too once in the blog. Apparently that thing can get you going pretty darn fast (like 60mph in no time)

 
At 9:26 AM, July 23, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Oh, and I wanna see more Dingo posts!

 
At 1:00 PM, July 24, 2006, Blogger marscat said...

Yes, more Dingo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>