Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Corral Hell


I am going to say this real quick and in a hushed tone, so that Laura and Tracie N don't hear me.

Because if they heard me, they might have me committed, or shot.

ssshhhh.....

okay..ready?

I HAD FUN AT THE PATTERSON PASS ROAD RACE!

yes I did. Fun. At Patterson Pass. With the steep treeless climbs. And the lonely wind. And getting dropped by all the 4s.

Fun.

Now that the season is almost nigh, I finally finally learned to let go of the expectations I put on myself this year. I mean, really let go. Because its easy to say and hard to really do.

And free of that, I truly enjoyed myself. The perspective shift was amazing. The climbs still pretty much sucked. And the wind did too. And the 4s did drop me. But instead of thinking "I'm getting dropped" I was thinking "wow, I hung on for a lot longer than I thought I would" Because I did.



But I don't think I want to do this ever race again.

9 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, August 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the big smile on your face as you came by the finish for your second lap says it all!

 
At 12:05 PM, August 15, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

i am glad you had fun for whatever wacky reason that you did....

kidding aside,
i can totally relate

expectations
cause such problems

i mean, it's a bike race
you're supposed to want to win or place well or something, aren't you?

i'm glad you were able to let go
that is sooo hard

yay!

 
At 1:44 PM, August 15, 2006, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Were you shooting pix during the race?

Letting go is hard to do.....but oh so good when you can.

 
At 3:16 PM, August 15, 2006, Blogger Ron Castia said...

I resemble that remark.

 
At 4:17 PM, August 15, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

can't wait for the next mtb ride!

 
At 4:57 PM, August 15, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

oh ...

and check out this VB Podium boy on Velonews...

 
At 5:03 PM, August 15, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

and no, those aren't my pics. I snarfed them from steephill tv

 
At 5:17 PM, August 15, 2006, Blogger Allison Krasnow said...

it's nice to temper expectations...allows us to remember how much each of us loves being on our bikes in beautiful places, heading up challenging terrain.

 
At 3:25 PM, August 17, 2006, Blogger Lula-La Lula-Hula said...

I believe you, completely. My friend, Claudia, only had great things to talk about this race and she said she owns it to YOU! She said that Patterson was a FUN and ENJOYABLE race. Amazing to believe...until she mentioned "Sabine was there and...."
However, she also said that in one point she was sure that you were in a race mood and work hard; but then again, you were having fun and making sure the other knew that.
Way to go! I love racing with you! I was kind of jelous...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>