Thursday, August 17, 2006

gross, Gross, GROSS!


ewwwwwwww

only, like, the grossest thing ever.

I don't even want to type about it, because it stirs up ugly memories that I have already pushed away to the recesses.

ewwwwwwwwwwwww

But last night, while driving to the gas station after our weekly mountain bike ride, I felt a pinch behind my knee. I went to itch it, and when I felt something leggy back there I knew immediately what it was.

I wanted to stop the car, right then and there, and go running frantically through the streets screaming, "ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!" . And if people stopped me and held me and tried to ask me what was wrong, I would just look at them and scream "ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!, and run away.

It was all I could do to keep calm until I made it to the gas station, where Michael was following me. And when I got to the station, I got out of the car, calmly inserted my credit card and gas pump, and then went running over to him and more quietly said "ewww."

He knew immediately what was wrong and knew I just wanted that thing out of me. I didn't want any discussion about what was the best way, or does this hurt, or maybe we should go home first. I just wanted it the hell out of my leg. And after a quick curious glance, he did just that.

And it hurt. I'm sorry Migo. I didn't know they hurt like that when you pluck them.



I read somewhere that we should have saved the tick and put it in a jar with the date. Excuse me? Save it?? Hell no. Michael plucked that puppy off of me and it went flying somewhere into a puddle of gasoline I hope.

save it. Thats just nasty. I want no evidence that this disgusting incident ever happened.

15 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, August 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yikes!

 
At 12:36 PM, August 17, 2006, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

ew.

 
At 1:34 PM, August 17, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

and please, whatever you do, if you do save it, do NOT bring it into your doctor--she doesn't want to see it

ewwwww!

 
At 3:36 PM, August 17, 2006, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Julie had a tick in her ear once when she was just a baby. I didn't really know what it was, but it was HUGE -- had been sucking sweet puppy blood for hours before I found it. Saved it in a baggie in the fridge and took it to the vet.

If I ever had one on myself I'd just die!

 
At 3:38 PM, August 17, 2006, Blogger Ron Castia said...

The Tick, I loved that show. I was very dissapointed when they canceled it.
My wife was very happy.

 
At 4:26 PM, August 17, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

vg...you brought your dog's tick to the vet?

thats cracking me up.

Sometimes the ones on my dog, slip past my notice and I don't see them until they are the size of a small grape.

 
At 4:33 PM, August 17, 2006, Blogger erein said...

Spoooooon! :)

 
At 4:48 PM, August 17, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

btw
my hunny is the biggest tick-weanie on earth

 
At 4:50 PM, August 17, 2006, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah! It was about the size of a blueberry. I'd never seen a tick and didn't know what to do. I wasn't even sure it was a tick until I googled it. Don't ticks carry nasty diseases like Lyme disease? I assumed the vet had to test it or something. Naive me.

 
At 5:10 PM, August 17, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

what did you google?

"blueberry on my dog"

they are just the nastiest creatures ever. Only thing naster is leeches. And thankfully neither I or Migo have come across any of them. But if we do, I'll be sure to put them in a bag and bring them to Soni.

nasty

 
At 5:11 PM, August 17, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

bun - thats right, you get the spiders don't you?

 
At 5:54 PM, August 17, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

oh i hate leeches
i can tell you my "early childhood trauma-xbun is a brat" leech story sometime

i definitely get ticks
spiders we share
unless they are poisonous and then they are pabs

 
At 9:44 AM, August 18, 2006, Blogger Reed Maxwell said...

“Down here I’m the apotheosis of cool.”

 
At 11:11 AM, August 18, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

Sewer Urchin

 
At 9:43 PM, August 18, 2006, Blogger Reed Maxwell said...

oV = IMPOSSIBLE to shake; hopefully he's not doping w/ Google.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>