Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Name the Kitty


We're into our second week of the School of Silly Walks. We've found a little park, in downtown Corralitos to practice. Yes, I said downtown Corralitos.

My walks are quite silly. There is this one walk, its sort of a goosestep meets Velociraptor, that I am particularly retarded on. Out of the corner of my eyes, I can see Michael's smile of pity and the kids on the swings are giggling. The only silly walk I can do is the grapevine. I am all over that one. But thats more dance than run. Too bad we don't dance, instead of run, when dismounting in cyclocross.

And to add insult to injury, supposedly, all these years, I have been holding my arms wrong when running.

What I want to know is, how come in all my years of jr high and high school track, no one told me about my arms? I could have fixed it back then. But now...now I am old and set in my ways. And this is how I run. I run like a bear with arms of their own free will, out reaching for butterflies or something.

Also, no one at high school track ever made me do these silly walks. Guess thats what happens when the girls track team has the chemistry teacher, or whoever else can fill in (sometimes Sister Rosalind), for their coach.



I am going to blame the Catholic Church for my inane ability to run like a bear that is reaching out for butterflies.


I would laugh right now, but my stomach is too sore from doing a zillion sit ups.

oh yeah...and the kitty still needs a name.

19 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, August 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok - I go first...Nikita

 
At 11:31 AM, August 23, 2006, Blogger jAndy donka-donk said...

I have a bunch of names, but your mother reads your blog now.......

 
At 11:34 AM, August 23, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

has anyone suggested george yet?

 
At 12:41 PM, August 23, 2006, Blogger marscat said...

How about Ugo?

then you would have migo and ugo

 
At 12:50 PM, August 23, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

kitty seems to be the name thats stickin right now. That and lil shit

my last cat was Miss Kitty
not to be confused with kitty

 
At 12:59 PM, August 23, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

pab's dad's cat's name was 'cat'

occasionally he'd get crazy and call her 'white cat'

btw
shitty rhymes with kitty....

 
At 1:22 PM, August 23, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

i'm still hoping for "sophie"

and don't let VB fool you ... her arms may go a bit AWOL when she runs, but she's got good leg speed and will be moving quite nicely come cross season.

school of sexy walks.

 
At 1:34 PM, August 23, 2006, Blogger Lothar Glerbny said...

walks, what the hell are you talking about?

ps my cat's name is mouse, she's grey, and the orange one...OJ

 
At 2:09 PM, August 23, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

doh ... honey, thanks for picking up my helmet.

see you tonite for niscen'ervals.

 
At 2:24 PM, August 23, 2006, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

marscat is definitely on top of the game.

funny, one of my high school track coaches was the chem teacher. and, at the school where I did my student-teaching.

and, apparently they all sucked at it...

 
At 3:00 PM, August 23, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Loth, the silly walks are
these

 
At 10:07 PM, August 23, 2006, Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

Our cats' names are Ginger & Cricket. The weird part is that I have nicknames for them - Ginger's nickname is Misty(not sure why), and Cricket's is Spooky. Yeah, we have confused cats......and a confused owner as well!

 
At 10:33 PM, August 23, 2006, Blogger Brennabella said...

I had a beautiful cat named Sofie. She was whie with pink ears and blue eyes, like your kitty. It's a great name. I also had (Black) Bart, Watson, Smudge and Louis. Thanks for the moment to remember my cats. And,... "HI SABINE'S MOM! Your daughter ROCKS! And apparently she walks silly too."

 
At 11:07 PM, August 23, 2006, Blogger ginmtb said...

I vote for any name that isn't a human's name. Just seems weird naming your pet a non-pet name. My sister's dog is named Kate. I find that somewhat disturbing.

How about the name of Steve Martin's dog in The Jerk? :)

 
At 11:16 PM, August 23, 2006, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

But Gin, I call PLENTY of humans by that name....

 
At 5:33 AM, August 24, 2006, Blogger erein said...

I really think you ought to ask the cat what her name is. I'm sure she'll tell you, in good time. :)

 
At 9:09 AM, August 24, 2006, Blogger jAndy donka-donk said...

I was listening to the radio last night and got an ideas.....

Call her Symbol

Or artist formaly known as kitty

or just princess and put loads of eyeliner on her and airbrush her with a little purple

wonder is she will make the Doves cry?

 
At 12:21 PM, August 24, 2006, Blogger EB said...

Our current cats are named Timbear (not my choice) & Merckx (my choice). I have to admit I like the challenge of matching a cat's personality to a racer's persona.

If she's really a little shit you could name her Brochard.

 
At 12:58 PM, August 24, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

she's all Bettini

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>