Friday, September 01, 2006

A decadent life


A few weeks ago I told myself that I would start cutting back on my wine consumption. Michael and I usually enjoy 2-3 glasses each night as we dine, read, chat, surf, roommate kibbutz, build bikes, bella business, kitty fish, do laundry, or just stare blankly ahead. No matter what the activity, a glass of wine is never far from reach.

I decided that I would limit myself to one glass of wine per night.

So what did I go and do?

I bought bigger wine glasses.

Duh.

~~

So while google searching photos of big wine glasses, I landed on one of those tacky gifts websites. I saw this cooler thing. I am going to buy it for Michael and Jeff for christmas. Just in time for their feedzone duty for us bellas in 2007. They can drive it to the feedzone at our races. Jeff can put Michael in the little back cart thingie. It just needs a little flair.



The website has some hokey things on it. Like, who would want to do this to a hot dog?



~~
Looks like Manuel Beltran will be the Disco leader at the Vuelta. Four discos finished in front of Tom today. I wonder what happened?

~~
My major chores list just keeps getting longer and longer. I still haven't sold my car, finished my stairs, planted the apple tree, maintained my Toaster, and on and on and on.

And on.

As we were finishing our ride at Nisene on Wednesday night, someone in the parking lot asked me, "hey, can you guess what I sell?"

I answered with the second thing that popped into my head, "Ice cream?"

"No", he answered with a giggle (guess he likes ice cream too) "I sell windshields" And then he pointed to the tattered splintered windshield on my poor neglected Toaster.

He said he would come to my work and take care of it and he gave me his card. Easy shmeezy. Just a quick phone call and I can have a new windshield without a hint of interruption to my day.

Except I have no idea what I did with his card.

13 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, September 01, 2006, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

So, do you think Mr. Windshield Salesman broke your windshield himself to generate a little bizness? Awful convenient that he just happens to be there, biz card in hand.

 
At 12:21 PM, September 01, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

I answered with the second thing that popped into my head

oh yeah ...

- - -

and i can't believe you misplaced that guy's card.

- - -

and i'm getting fall-on-your-butt blotto-ed tonite when i build that cross bike.

 
At 12:50 PM, September 01, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

oh boy, sounds like my days...

and i only do about 1/5 of what you do.

hang in there, only a few weeks till the party starts...

 
At 1:31 PM, September 01, 2006, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

yes, wine is good and so are mojitos, marscat and I pick the restaurants with "good pours" in big glasses, decadent, but we are stopping and just one per month for a while...

 
At 1:44 PM, September 01, 2006, Blogger Ron Castia said...

If you build a cross course that favors us folks that can't afford a cross bike, or gears, I'll be all over it with my Chameleon.

P.S. From one overworked team leader to another, sometimes staring blankly ahead can be very theraputic.

 
At 1:57 PM, September 01, 2006, Blogger marscat said...

yes! we like the big tall glasses.

 
At 3:30 PM, September 01, 2006, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

ooh, Marscat has been getting some of those bad post about making money...

 
At 4:42 PM, September 01, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

btw, those rat dogs are freaky

 
At 4:43 PM, September 01, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Whats even freakier is that thats not a dog. Its a cat.

 
At 4:51 PM, September 01, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Octo Weenies!!!

 
At 12:02 AM, September 02, 2006, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

i am so tired of having to pull michael around....

 
At 12:08 AM, September 02, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

just wait till i put on a few pounds ...

 
At 5:42 PM, September 02, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

you don't have to plant the tree,
but you should at least eat the apples on it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>