Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Just a Tuesday


If my email box is full, its because my mom has learned how to attach pictures to email.

I tried to not teach her, but she figured it out. Damn AOL.

Now I am getting picture after picture from a trip to Hawaii. One at a time.

I love my mom to pieces, I really do. She's the best ever. But if I ever ever wear a dress that so perfectly blends in with a hotel bedspread, please just shoot me. Theo, on the other hand is just oozing style. I dig those scrunchy socks, the beret and the binoculars.

And mom, if you are reading this, I'm just kidding. I love all the Hawaii pictures. Really I do. And the dress is lovely.

~~
No coffee incidents today to report. Thats because its just a Tuesday. Things don't ever really happen on Tuesday.

~~
Zabel won the Vuelta stage today. Yes, a grand tour is going on right now and I haven't really blogged a thing about it. I want to be interested, but so far have not been. Zabel winning is cool. So maybe I will keep an eye on things. Just in case.

~~
Last night, Michael and I spent a lot of time talking about illness, death, war, poverty, choices, genocide, hypocrisy, power mongering, greed. For several hours over wine, and carried even to toothbrushing and until we were too sleepy eyed to continue. Then after talking about the gassing of kurds, or the bombing of civilians, or Pol Pot or something horrific, Michael turns to me and says "Our sheets are dirty, we really need to wash them tomorrow".

Here's to hoping that the only thing you have to complain about in your lives are dirty sheets.

15 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, August 29, 2006, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

yup.

 
At 12:21 PM, August 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hear you...

 
At 12:24 PM, August 29, 2006, Blogger marscat said...

funny, funny

 
At 1:16 PM, August 29, 2006, Blogger Little_Jewford said...

Here's to hoping that more people realize the only thing they have to complain about in their lives are dirty sheets.....it would make the world a better place

 
At 3:43 PM, August 29, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

mmm ... dirty sheets.

 
At 5:32 PM, August 29, 2006, Blogger IronDad said...

Two words: Oxy Clean.
Damn, is it one? OxyClean?
Crap... well, if you have white sheets OxyClean or Oxy Clean is da bomb!

 
At 6:58 AM, August 30, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

my toothbrush died

 
At 11:29 AM, August 30, 2006, Blogger MoJito said...

i've tried to explain to my mom the benefits of condensing all your thoughts into a singular email rather than sending me a message every time something new pops into her head. to no avail. she's the queen of one-liner emails, all with one word subjects. there's "italy" with a list of links for our upcoming trip, "music" with her gushing about her latest internet find, and my personal favorite, "contact" usually with a very long run on sentence about how she called me two days ago, why haven't I gotten back to her and i'm her only daughter.

 
At 11:46 AM, August 30, 2006, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Hey, I'm jealous girls! I wish I could get an email from my mom. Love em while you got em, okay? Lfe is short.

 
At 12:26 PM, August 30, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

it should be pretty obvious why my mom gets mentioned over and over again in my blog

 
At 12:26 PM, August 30, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

and we still haven't washed the sheets

 
At 1:02 PM, August 30, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

your mom and theo are absolutely adorable in those photos

she should keep the dress and just stay at hotels with different bedspreads

 
At 1:07 PM, August 30, 2006, Blogger MoJito said...

actually, now that i think about it, i haven't washed the sheets since my mom came and visited. ewww.

 
At 2:33 PM, August 30, 2006, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

I hate to admit to owning two - yes, two - Hawaiian shirts. Not even the cool 70's type - but the brand from Hilo Hattie. Embarassing.

 
At 4:11 PM, August 30, 2006, Blogger Brennabella said...

Love your blogs. Thanks for keeping me sane.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>