Thursday, August 31, 2006

Eating up all my blog time


%^$$%##@ Surf City is eating up all my blog time.

I spent a very long lunch hour checking out another possible venue.

I like imagining cross courses and figuring out how to piece it all together.

I just wish there wasn't the complications of traffic, parking, goat heads, and laws of physics.

All this cross course imagining has been getting to me though. I passed a cemetary in Morgan Hill the other day, and all I could think of as I passed the rolling green tombstoned hill was "damn, that would be a fun cross course".
And it would.



I also just have to accept that no cross course will have everything. Everything is: plenty of parking, road, double track, whoop dedoos, grass, no traffic crossing the course, no duckie poo poo, no hyperdermic needles and broken 40ounces, lots of undulating hills, scrambly run ups, no poison oak or goatheads, electricity, bathrooms, trees, and all for cheap ninety cheap.

Sigh....

Damn I love cross season.

10 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, August 31, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

no duckie poo poo?!

 
At 3:42 PM, August 31, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

duckie poo poo is the grossest. East coast city park cyclocross is all about the duckie poo.


I was checking out this park in Morgan Hill. It looked very promising. I rolled up and down the little grassy knolls. And it took putting the bike in the car and smelling the funk, to realize that the green stuff on my tires was not all grass.

 
At 3:43 PM, August 31, 2006, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

When marscat and I see some unknown area with cute roads that are small and off the beaten track, we always think of VeloBob and "wouldn't that would be a good VP race course". Funny how your mind gravitates to those type of things.

...but a cemetary, your are focused...

 
At 4:03 PM, August 31, 2006, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

How about an urban cross race that incorporates the SC boardwalk? Now that would be a whoopdedoo!

 
At 4:05 PM, August 31, 2006, Blogger Brent said...

duck poo good. Make nice mud for poo cakes.
Hard core racer style.

 
At 4:08 PM, August 31, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

just avoid the dead cows please

 
At 5:21 PM, August 31, 2006, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

yeah, i swore if i got to another cross race that used a dead cow as a barricade that i was going home...

 
At 5:41 PM, August 31, 2006, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

i think the dead cow was before olaf's time...

 
At 6:10 PM, August 31, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

it ain't a cross race if somethin' don't turn up dead.

 
At 6:39 PM, September 03, 2006, Blogger StevenCX said...

I loved the coffin barrier at the Portland Cross Crusade for Halloween!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>