Friday, September 08, 2006

From one Cheezy Bavarian to another


The Cheezy Bavarian sausage from Corralitos Meat Market would be scandalous in Bavaria. You don't put cheese INSIDE the sausage. But heavens, is that sausage ever good.

We broke down last night and ate some (well I only had a 1/2 because Michael stole mine when he was done with his). But we did an excellent job of justifying the decadence. I justified it because we had just finished doing 110 situps and 80 push ups (Didn't think I was counting did you?) and some unseemly number of these funky high kneed fast footed uphill thingies. Micheal's justification was that it tastes gooood.



I love the Corralitos Meat Market. Its one of those small town little community markets that is so rare these days. It is able to survive because on the weekends it is packed with visitors doing the Country Backroads thing. I also like living in a place that is a Country Backroads destination. Its a pain in the ass, like the Market has banker, not 7-11, hours, and sometimes I would like a sidewalk to walk on, and the whole septic thing is annoying, and the community is way more homogenized than this army brat is used to, and I 'd like it if meth lab and pot busts weren't so close...but most times I feel insanely lucky to live here.

And yesterday evening was one of those times.

~~
Just noticed in that picture that a pack of cigarettes is almost $5! Holy shit.

~~
And here's a completely unrelated pic, but I am too lazy to create another post for it. Its from our cross ride last weekend. What a great time and the reason I love this team and sport...

7 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, September 08, 2006, Blogger marscat said...

dammit, we're just gonna have to put them Cheezy Bavarian sausages on our vegan cafe menu!

when's the next cross ride?

 
At 10:47 AM, September 08, 2006, Blogger Little_Jewford said...

two words: Mecca Deli

http://www.montereycountyweekly.com/issues/Issue.03-02-2006/dining/Article.feast

my oversion to swine keeps me out of there but a bunch of people I know say the place rocks

 
At 10:55 AM, September 08, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

I grew up on the Mecca deli

that and there was a smaller (but even better) one on Alvarado Street

 
At 11:19 AM, September 08, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

freedom meatlocker for the cheesy stuff...


ummm yummy

 
At 11:56 AM, September 08, 2006, Blogger Eclectchick said...

Thanks for doing all those situps and push-ups. I've decided to count some of them as done by me.

:-D

 
At 12:38 PM, September 08, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

they are very friendly in that market and they have lots of yummy (non-sausage) food

 
At 1:48 PM, September 08, 2006, Blogger Brent said...

I like sausage, ijust went and bought a sausage breakfast burrito for lunch after reading this post.. dammit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>