Tuesday, September 05, 2006

EEEKia




I just came back from shopping at Ikea

Egads

I hate that place

I have never ever gotten one of those cashiers to smile. ever. And I'm jovial. But Ikea employees are in no mood for jokes. They've got a job to hate.

And you'd think that after spending $500 (which in Ikea money is a lot) that they could at least bag your little items.

But no, they grunt at you and leave your little items just sitting at the end of the moving belt thingie, next to some plastic bags, and you can just bag it yourself even though you have a cart that you can barely maneuver thank you very much.

Except without the thank you.

An the cinnamon rolls never taste as good as they smell.

And yet I keep returning because I am too cheap to buy real furniture.

11 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, September 05, 2006, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

and you got to have to put everything together yourself...so many screws and nuts and bolts...

I'll get marscat to post her very funny Ikea story...especially since she'll get new scribblins which she really likes...

 
At 5:17 PM, September 05, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

I shouldn't type this out loud or anything but I have actually never had a problem putting the stuff together.

I kinda like it.

I should have waited until after tonight to type that though....

 
At 6:01 PM, September 05, 2006, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Last time I went into Ikea I had a panic attack so severe that I couldn't breath and had to run outside -- except I couldn't find the doors and couldn't find a helpful Ikea-ite to point me to the door. I thought I would die in that hell.

 
At 8:38 PM, September 05, 2006, Blogger Ron Castia said...

One word:
I N T E R N E T.

That's why God created UPS.

 
At 9:11 PM, September 05, 2006, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

i've never been to ikea. i imagine it as a much larger, slightly nicer version of Wally world.

I also imagine that i'd hate it in there.

What'd you get?

Flair?

 
At 9:52 PM, September 05, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

I tried internetting Ikea.

The shipping cost came back at about $280 to ship $300 worth of junky furniture

Plus they don't sell everything online

They do it on purpose to make you come in the store and eat their meatballs

 
At 6:59 AM, September 06, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

meatballs and cinnamon rolls?

i've never been there and now i doubt i ever will

 
At 7:22 AM, September 06, 2006, Blogger marscat said...

i like that you can brush up on your Swedish while shopping too.

 
At 10:35 AM, September 06, 2006, Blogger EB said...

I admit: I love Ikea. Everything is so fuzzy & clean, and I love pretending that someday I'll have a kitchen with all those fancy do-dads.

The meatballs, though, not so much...

 
At 7:02 PM, September 06, 2006, Blogger marscat said...

Jed -- that's Costco

 
At 8:09 PM, September 07, 2006, Blogger Eclectchick said...

FINALLY! Somebody else who hates Eeekia, too!

I get really sick of hearing others wax rhapsodic about the place. Yada, yada.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>