Thursday, June 28, 2007

Bubble Girl


Lordy...I need to get out more.

Or not.

Or something.

Michael and I went to a concert last night. Its the first time we have spent time amongst the non-cycling populace in a long long time. And all I can say is, we need to get out more. If nothing else, so that when we do, its not such a shock.

I was like someone from Coon Rapids that you just plopped into New York City. Practically tripping over my own feet as I looked up at the skyscrapers.

My life has been so insulated, that I kept thinking I saw cycling people I knew in the crowd. Yep, I was certain I saw both Carmen D'Aluisio and Mary Ellen Ash. Of course, it wasn't them, just hallucinations from my stunted brain.

And man, I thought cycling people were weird, but people people are weirder.

I wish I had my camera.

12 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, June 28, 2007, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

we are in our own little weird leg shaving spandex wearing world, aren't we.

-

who was playing?

 
At 4:42 PM, June 28, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

i was trying to explain to people why i didn't eat more after yesterday's time trial and it was basically because i was pretty close to barfy and they all looked at me weird that i would do something that made me feel so sick and then they changed the subject very quickly

my fault--i usually remember not to tell normal people these things

--

and don't you always have your camera phone?!

 
At 5:24 PM, June 28, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

since it was a concert, we did not take our cellphones.

 
At 6:37 PM, June 28, 2007, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

at least you didn't go up to them and say "hi" (or did you?)...I do that - very embarassing...

 
At 7:19 PM, June 28, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

no phones?!
what if we needed to call you?!

 
At 9:30 PM, June 28, 2007, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

me: come on, there's more room over there for dancing.


her: there? where the geeks are?


... yes, honey. that's us.

 
At 7:11 AM, June 29, 2007, Blogger marscat said...

your song:

people...

people who don't need people people..


(and btw, the more you write the word people, the funnier it looks)

 
At 7:43 AM, June 29, 2007, Blogger ~ lauren said...

what concert did you guys see?

that might explain the geeky dancers.

 
At 8:55 AM, June 29, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

they don't seem to want to answer that question...

 
At 9:07 AM, June 29, 2007, Blogger EB said...

We are going to see Cyndi Lauper and Debbie Harry (with the Gossip & Dresden Dolls) in concert tonight. I am a little concerned about my ability to stay awake for the whole thing (how embarassing would it be to nod off during "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"?).

 
At 9:20 AM, June 29, 2007, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

we saw these guys do their accoustic cakewalk.

and also this little part of Ceu that was sexy enough.

venue was a bit too muted for my tastes, though. they deserved to be heard in a standing wriggle of bodies and sweat.


cyndi lauper is, like, 900 years old now.

 
At 11:47 AM, June 29, 2007, Blogger EB said...

But still hottt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>