Friday, June 08, 2007

Discombobulations


Has it really been a week?

Damn, I am so discombobulated.

I think I broke my brain.

Remember that list of all those things I was gonna do? Yeah, well, that didn't happen.

But I did get around to moving us up and out of the basement and so thats nice. It was awesome falling asleep to moonlight and owl hoots and waking up this morning to sunshine and birdy chirps. Although it would be nice if the damn birds didn't start so early.

But this moving thing just cracked all sorts of holes in my "system". My "system" is what keeps me, the epitome of absentmindedness, from completely coming apart at the seams. I always put my keys, glasses, credit cards, and all those other little things in daily life, in the same EXACT location. Because, if I don't, it will be an hour long frantic search party.

So I have the new places for all my stuff, but I am not in tuned with it yet. And, this morning, when I arrived at work, I realized that I did not have any money or credit cards or riding clothes.

And the toaster is on E.

And I live about 35 miles from work.

And its gorgeous outside and I really really wanted to ride today. And I suppose I would like to get home somehow too.

Fortunately, I think I have a plan.

I have a little bit of cash in my saddle bag for just in casies. The only bummer will be that I actually have to go inside the gas station to ask to buy $5 worth of gas with a crumpled up old bill.

And I am picking up some bike clothes for Michael today from work for a photo shoot thingie he's doing this weekend and I can wear those on my ride. The only bummer there is that they are baggies. I look ridiculous in baggies. And they might be too small. I suppose tight baggies is even more ridiculous.

I hope I have my bike.

12 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, June 08, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

you are just too funny.

forgot my walking shoes for our lunch walk today, and the keys to my locker where i have another pair, and i wore these clogs that aren't the best for long walks & a cord jacket with only a stappy tank underneath.

good thing i left wednesday's flat but nice work shoes in my car after i changed for my ride.

otherwise i would have had to go barefoot.

which might have actually been a good thing since I overheated with the long cargo pants & cord jacket...

 
At 1:44 PM, June 08, 2007, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

i blame the kitties.

 
At 1:53 PM, June 08, 2007, Blogger Itinerant Rick said...

Or you could take the tact used by my boss who just came over and borrowed a $20 from me.

 
At 2:30 PM, June 08, 2007, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

...my keys are always in the same place too...except when marscat moves them...good thing that $5 will still buy a gallon of gas

 
At 2:54 PM, June 08, 2007, Blogger marscat said...

i used the $5 in my bike bag to buy a pound of cherries yesterday...


and i *always* put my keys where i can't find them.

you absentminded? really?

 
At 3:16 PM, June 08, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

we need to hear more about the photoshoot thingee

 
At 3:26 PM, June 08, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

well, I didn't get to ride. Michael's baggies were tighties. Too tighties. Can't make it over the booty tighties.

ah well...

 
At 4:31 PM, June 08, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

BBB

that's me:-)

 
At 4:53 PM, June 08, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

and you started this post on the results blog cuz there's still a draft there

not as bad as publishing a babble post to the results blog....i've done that a few times....

 
At 5:00 PM, June 08, 2007, Blogger ~ lauren said...

what are baggies? baggy shorts?

ov wears baggies?

 
At 5:14 PM, June 08, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

xb - tattle tale!

lauren - he doesn't. which is why we had to get him some.

 
At 5:28 PM, June 08, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

according to lauren, naked riding day IS right around the corner. you could start early?

then when the cops pull you over, you can bribe them with your crumply $5.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>