Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Vice Squad


Ever since daylight savings ended, I've been telling myself that I am going to get up earlier (so I can go to work earlier, so I can get out of work earlier). And each morning I say "maybe tomorrow". Well, today I woke up earlier...with plenty of time. Time to play with the kitties, time to futz with the clothing order, time to poke around the internet, time to daze out the window....and I was later to work this morning than I have been in a while.

~~

I lost one of my green Danskos today. I don't think its really lost, but I can't find it. I had them on today before I changed for my lunch ride, but when I came back, I could only find one. And I had to rush back in to work, so I didn't have too much time to look. Luckily I keep flip flops in my car, and I work in a place that sells flip flops so no one cares. But its totally bugging me that I could lose a Dansko like that. Like, where could it go?

My poor toaster is an explosion of bikes, gear that I carry around hoping to drop off to team members someday, junk mail, and the random crap of life.

While looking for my Danskos, I saw a puddle of melted chocolate on the floor of the toaster. I have no idea how it got there. But, I wasn't suprised.

~~

Riding in Morgan Hill today was like riding around while blow drying my hair. So when Ann F whispered the location of a secret stash of It's Its...well, lets just say ITs Was.



~~

Last nights little crit practice was tough. So tough that afterwards I had that funky metallic taste in my mouth, kept coughing, and had a mini anxiety attack. There is no way I could push myself that hard by myself, but ask me to chase some boys around? NO problem.

After the crit, Michael and I went in search of food at the nearest strip mall thingie. We were gonna hit up one of those gringo mexican places, but noticed they didn't sell beer. Then we were gonna hit up a chinese restaurant and it didn't look like they sold beer either. We were standing there on the sidewalk freaking out because we were hungry but really wanted beer. And I wondered...are we like total alcoholics that we can't even eat a simple dinner without booze? Should we be worried?

But it turns out the chinese place did sell beer...and after a hard evening's workout and a rare weeknight with my honey, that beer was satisfying and so worth the sidewalk freakout.

12 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, June 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

last day of Tuesday night crit is all you can eat pizza! not the beer though...but they have beer.

 
At 7:07 PM, June 13, 2007, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

you get so many bonus points for that f'ing picture.


like, grand prize n' stuff.

 
At 7:38 PM, June 13, 2007, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

do tell -- who's the dude in the pink bibs?

 
At 7:46 PM, June 13, 2007, Blogger ~ lauren said...

yeah, we're did you get that pic. matching fred band an all.

 
At 7:52 PM, June 13, 2007, Blogger marscat said...

gotta have the booze...it gives one Bellavision.

 
At 8:21 PM, June 13, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Thats Mr March

 
At 9:12 PM, June 13, 2007, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

mr march? you have to give us more than that! and is he planning to mtb in that gettup?

 
At 9:33 PM, June 13, 2007, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

ow, my eyes!

 
At 9:59 PM, June 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh...at first glance I thought it was Olaf

had to look again after reading the comments...

men look hot in pink...

 
At 11:11 AM, June 14, 2007, Blogger EB said...

Mr. March? I need that calendar...

 
At 1:43 PM, June 14, 2007, Blogger Ron Castia said...

It must be some kind of time warp vortex thing. I have been doing the same thing...getting up earlier and being later to work.

Bizarre!

 
At 3:34 PM, June 15, 2007, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

his attire looks like the inside of our new VB kit...the short part...by the way, our pink is so much cooler than his...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>