Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Cheese and Chocolate and Fish Stories


There is just waaay too much cheese and chocolate in this house. My mom must think I am still 10. I even got an easter basket. All packed full of german chocolate bunnies and that funny green plastic grass.

~~

I was gonna post a camera phone pic of some Koi in a fountain that I took. The Koi come flapping out of the water when they see you because they think you have fish food. Its the entertainment highlight of Community Hospital in Monterey.

But the phone is in the car and Theo took off all sudden like to buy cat food. He said he needed to get cat food immediately because he was out. And he rushed off.

I was just in the garage checking out my bike and there is a giant bag of cat food out there.

I realized that in all my medicine questionings last night with my mom, that I didn't ask if it was okay for him to be out driving alone. I mean, I think its okay. But I'm not sure. He usually doesn't know what day of the week it is, and apparently doesn't know where the extra cat food is, but I am hoping his sense of direction is still intact.

Crap, I hope I didn't blow it already. "Don't worry about Theo, mom, I will take care of him". Thats what I said when she was wheeled in to surgery all nervous. I'd hate to have to tell her I lost him within a few hours. Oops.

Her surgery went well. Surgeons are strange people. The doc came out and said "well I got one of them and it was BIG!" before he even said hi or anything. Then he proceeded to demonstrate exactly how big by showing us most of the top of his thumb. "this big....maybe bigger", he said almost proudly.

I wanted to know how the surgery went, how she was doing, what the prognosis was, where the bathrooms were...but no. After waiting nervously in the waiting room for word of the operation, we get the surgical equivalent of a fish story.

Turns out the operation did go fine, but one was too tricky to get this time and another was discovered after the big thumbsized one was removed. So she will need to do this a few more times. Barring any nasty complications, she should be able to come home tomorrow. And the best news, he saw no signs of anything invasive.

Okay...whew...there's Theo. Okay. Everything's cool.

I'm going to sneak a few minutes on the bike. Clear the head, burn the chocolate bunnies and work up an appetite for dinner. I'd like to head over to my favorite funky japanese restaurant in Seaside. I have this craving for sushi.

12 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, March 28, 2007, Blogger marscat said...

glad the op went well...doctors (sorry bunny) can be odd...koi, too.

 
At 2:02 PM, March 28, 2007, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

doctors are odd.

surgeons are pretty much intollerable.

-

big sighs of relief from here. hugs too.

 
At 2:15 PM, March 28, 2007, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

I'm glad that the op went well too...and that Theo is back...

at least there is no craving for rabbit...someone would be very upset if they heard that...

 
At 2:39 PM, March 28, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

YAY!!!

 
At 4:16 PM, March 28, 2007, Blogger ~ lauren said...

"no signs of anything invasive"

that's great! that's always so relieving to hear.

glad it went well.

 
At 4:22 PM, March 28, 2007, Blogger Brent said...

it was good of you guys to be there.
That makes all the difference for family.

 
At 4:24 PM, March 28, 2007, Blogger EB said...

Thank goodness.

 
At 4:41 PM, March 28, 2007, Blogger Nrjetik1 said...

MMMMM chocolate..
Your Mom sounds like an AMAZING woman. Now we know where you got your tough genes from or is that jeans. :)

 
At 6:19 PM, March 28, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

still some work to go for the maahma.

but, it's looking good.

 
At 6:20 PM, March 28, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

oh, that was michael.

 
At 6:16 AM, March 29, 2007, Blogger meh-wee-uhn said...

My prayers, best wishes, hopes, etc.

 
At 9:47 AM, March 29, 2007, Blogger Eclectchick said...

So glad all went well. It's so stressful when loved ones have to undergo surgery.

P.S. Don't burn the chocolate bunnies! I'll taken 'em!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>