Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I'll post this instead


Its not that I haven't been blogging, I just have not posted my blogs.

They all really sucked. At least more than this one anyway.

When I re-read them, it felt like a damn therapy session. This is babble, not "group".

Now that I have finally emerged from the longest marathon PMS session, I feel fit to print again. I swear, though, this weekend, I felt like a damn water balloon that someone left on the spigot too long. All bloated, shapeless, and squishy.

So anyway, that picture, at the top up there, I love it.

Not just because of the lighting and the loveliness of it. But because thats our "elite" team. And they have on different helmets and different jerseys and (you can't see this part) different shorts.

And I know that would freak some teams out to have a picture of their team out on the waves like that.

But it makes me happy.

Velo Bella doesn't have much funding. And we split our wee wee funds between three pro teams (road, mtb, cyclocross). We make it work somehow and we get by on spunk and creativity. Its tough and the women deserve more, much more support than we are able to provide.

The women currently on our team are not on the team because of the all goodies we can provide them. They don't smile for the camera, take the free bike, and then behave like an entitled spoiled petulant child (like unfortunately some "pros" in this sport do)

They are on this team because they love racing their bikes, like the freedom to make their own racing decisions, like racing with some kick ass teammates, and enjoy sharing the sport and motivating others.

If I could, I would give them a bazillion dollars so they could be treated like the quality racers and people they are. But instead, I will give them my cheers when I am on the sidelines and everything I have left in my legs when I am in their race.

But maybe I will get them all some new helmets too.

9 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, March 21, 2007, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

so sexy.

 
At 12:06 PM, March 21, 2007, Blogger Brent said...

its like 3 generations of Velo Bella outfits represented there!
Look how happy their are to be racing!

 
At 12:18 PM, March 21, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

i have to say i like j's glasses best

 
At 12:36 PM, March 21, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

...can I have the bazillion dollars anyway??

 
At 1:22 PM, March 21, 2007, Blogger ~ lauren said...

that's a great pic!

and you should post your therapy sessions. babbles are babbles are babbles.

 
At 1:30 PM, March 21, 2007, Blogger marscat said...

does this mean we won't be getting a van?

 
At 6:42 PM, March 21, 2007, Blogger Chris said...

Great picture.

 
At 2:52 PM, March 22, 2007, Blogger Eclectchick said...

Amen, sistah.

 
At 3:58 PM, March 23, 2007, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

that is a cool pic and what a fun weekend it was

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>