Tuesday, March 06, 2007

YeeHaw!


NO blog update? Unanswered emails? Ignored phone calls? Unwatered plants? Stuff still laying around where it ought not? Checking account not reconciled? Remodel on hold? Car still rusting away in my yard?

yes.

Having a blast racing because I am finally making some time to train and travel?

Hell yeah!


Okay, so lots of shit is falling through the cracks. And sometimes if I think about it too much it freaks me out. Too much left undone. Too many other things that could be done better.

But there is yet another reminder in my life of how fragile and beautiful our lives and health are. And so, some fun and living life with a big ol smile and wide eyes must take priority.

It must.

This weekend I had the most fun racing in a long time. And I have been saying that for the last few weekends.

The last few weekends have been great, but this past weekend, even with the carnage....was just crazy yeehaw fun the whole time. I loved every damn minute of it. Every scary, every suffering, every confusing, every jubilant minute of it.

There was a moment in our race on Sunday, when Soni attacked into a corner. Holy shit! She went into that corner soo hard. I had to lay full pedal to the outside and pull up on the pedal on the inside to carve that baby as I followed the train that followed her. I almost broke out in yipppee yehaws right there. If you had descended down San Bruno with us over a year ago, you would know why I thought this moment was thrilling beyond the physical fun of hitting a turn at Mach 80.

There was another moment, when at the base of the little hill and at a moment of pause I said in my head "Attack Ryan..now!" And sure as shit, Ryan exploded up the hill to create the winning break. Lil Ninja!



There was this other moment, when I thought my legs hurt too much. I had done so much work attacking earlier. I earned a pass to drift back on the last hill. No one would fault me for that. And at the moment of driftback, I slapped myself silly, charged up the hill and pulled myself and 3 bellas to the finish line near the front of the chasing pack (and unknowingly away from danger). Tracy's frantic but giddy with glee "go Sabine GOOOOO!!" will stay with me each time I sprint now.

And so, bank deposits, messy garage, blog posts, tune ups, chores, checklists, will all have to take a backseat for a bit. Just a bit. Some living must come first.

It must.

21 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, March 06, 2007, Blogger Brent said...

Yippeee.

Do you need me to wax that rust bucket in the yard?

By the way.. where is the naughty cowgirl on the mechanical bull????

 
At 12:51 PM, March 06, 2007, Blogger ~ lauren said...

yay!

i came over here for some fun and i got it!!

yay! i need to get out there too!

yippee!

i love that first picture. not the sumo one, but the one of you guys in the little pack. i love the faces.

 
At 1:16 PM, March 06, 2007, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

sheeeee'ssss baaaccccck!

 
At 1:49 PM, March 06, 2007, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

no words to describe how happy i am reading this...

 
At 1:56 PM, March 06, 2007, Blogger jen said...

Balancing your check book is totally over-rated.

There's plenty of time for chores tomorrow, that's what I always say. Which is maybe why they never get done?

Bike racing and playing in the sun = much more better fun.

 
At 2:18 PM, March 06, 2007, Blogger marscat said...

what's that expression...a clean house is the sign of a life half lived.

your vibe is definitely contagious...you hold such sway over the team.

 
At 3:25 PM, March 06, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

i wasn't so sure how to play things at the end (besides go hard!) so i just decided to follow your lead---thanks for the ride--yeehaw!

 
At 3:30 PM, March 06, 2007, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

rolling

 
At 4:01 PM, March 06, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

I do still feel bad for those emails and phone calls that slip through the cracks.

sigh

 
At 4:03 PM, March 06, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

lauren - that pic is actually from Snelling not Merco, but its all the same roads so I thought what the hey. This was during a very hard part of the race. Ouch.

 
At 7:08 PM, March 06, 2007, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

cheers(and not a 4oz one) to living and loving life...

 
At 8:07 PM, March 06, 2007, Blogger russellp said...

Who remembers paying bills and writing e-mails?

Keep up these race reports and I'll start skipping vnews and cyclingnews...

 
At 8:29 PM, March 06, 2007, Blogger Lilly Bella said...

Oh girlfriend, you are doing so much better than me...

I didn't want to scare anyone away but this weekend I raced with my unwashed jersey from Smelling, I sort of forgot to do laundry.

Hey its a good week if I don't run out of underwear.

Stinky as it is, I love my life.

 
At 9:07 PM, March 06, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Smelling!!

 
At 9:08 PM, March 06, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

and I long ago gave up on underwear

 
At 7:04 AM, March 07, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

which is why you don't wear skirts too often

 
At 9:13 AM, March 07, 2007, Blogger jen said...

rofl.

if you could only see the laundry piles at the hutinsb.

hors categorie.

 
At 9:56 AM, March 07, 2007, Blogger ~ lauren said...

laundry! blech.

sometimes i wear morgan's stinky un washed wool undershirts when it's freeezing out and i'm desperate.

thank god spring is coming.

 
At 12:04 PM, March 07, 2007, Blogger EB said...

Hell yeah! Are you going to play at Land park & Zamora? It would be fun to have play time with you again -- I have to say, as much as I love the challenge of this year, I do kinda miss the comraderie in the field last year.

And: mechanical bull?

 
At 4:14 PM, March 07, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Yes, I will be at LP and Zamora. I loved Zamora last year. Burly winds makes for some tough racing.

And Tracie is an expert mechanical bull rider. A lot of people don't know that about her, but she is. We were hoping to go see her ride the bull at Big Bad Bubba's BBQ, but we just never got the chance.

 
At 6:43 AM, March 08, 2007, Blogger chris said...

AWESOME!!! Thanks for the much-needed jolt of inspiration as I start my second season of racing! Gotta live - yeehaw!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>