Thursday, March 22, 2007

Aaaahhh


there, thats better

I may look forward to the road races, and the chance to use some brain with the brawn, the comraderie of teammates, the super high efforts, the sheer speed of thin tires and efficient carbon.

I may be giddy with delight over the silly muddy grace of cyclocross and all its related sufferings and partyings and people watchings.

But my heart will always be for the mountain bike. My first love. It is on the mountain bike that I attain moments of sheer joy. Joy that makes me yelp out loud. Hitting a berm so that it shoots you out and lines you up for the next but in that exhilerating moment between them you catch a glimpse of hills and grass and the far beyond.

So good to come home to.

10 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, March 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's passionate love...

 
At 10:25 AM, March 22, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

that's got recovery written all over it

yay!

 
At 10:44 AM, March 22, 2007, Blogger ~ lauren said...

perfect.

 
At 11:41 AM, March 22, 2007, Blogger jen said...

sing it, sister!

 
At 12:33 PM, March 22, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

well then that was one of the hardest recovery rides I have ever done

I also forgot how haaaard mountain biking is

but the best part of how hard it is, is that you forget about all the hurt within the first few fun filled seconds of the descent

yum yum

 
At 12:45 PM, March 22, 2007, Blogger ginmtb said...

I'll drink to that!

 
At 1:18 PM, March 22, 2007, Blogger jen said...

lol, i totally forgot until i was painfully reminded this week about how long it takes to recover from racin' lawnmowers. yikers. every year the first race is a rude sort of awakening. but so much fun :-))

see ya next week!

 
At 3:34 PM, March 22, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

regardless of the effort
there is recovery for me in just doing what i love do to just to do it

 
At 11:00 AM, March 23, 2007, Blogger erein said...

I am passionate about mountain biking. And absolutley giddy over my mountain bikes. :)

 
At 10:44 PM, March 23, 2007, Blogger meh-wee-uhn said...

Sometimes I get all anxious and nail-bitey. Then hopefully later, on my bike, my brain relaxes and goes all soft and all is good.

I call my time on my bike my reset button. I can be in the foulest, grumpiest, grrrr, get out of my way mood, but some nice time alone on the bike, and all of a sudden it's as if my brain has been restarted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>