Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Distractions


Watching, originally uploaded by Garrett Lau.


Sometime during Kern (I can't remember exactly when because all off bike time sort of ran together into one big blur of sleep, ice water and potato chips), Erika asked me if I were going to the track on Tuesday.

I thought she was mad.

NOOOO! I said all emphatically.

So, last night I went to the track. It was points race night. I love points race night. I also had my wee gear on because of the Kern legs. I also knew that I could not do my usual attack attack attack with my Kern legs. So I sat in and sprinted. Something I never do because I suck at it. And it was fun.

I never won any sprints or anything, but I picked up point crumbs here and there. So that was nice.

But I think I mainly went because thats what I do on Tuesdays. The comfort of routine is not so bad sometimes.

10 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, May 21, 2008, Blogger marscat said...

knowing that you were going to the track made us get on our bikes and go for a spin

but we had ice cream first

 
At 1:49 PM, May 21, 2008, Blogger suenago said...

I also did a ride. Talked the entire ride w/my guy friend who is more like a girl friend...blonde Scott. Gave him the a run down of the whole weekend.
Leggies felt great! Whats up with that?

 
At 1:58 PM, May 21, 2008, Blogger chatterbox said...

I've only been on the rollers or back and forth to work since Kern. You are way more ambitious than me! Hey, what's up with your outfit?

 
At 3:25 PM, May 21, 2008, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

budino & homemade ice cream, you must come up to. Berkeley...my legs were toast still

 
At 3:34 PM, May 21, 2008, Blogger Velo Bella said...

the outfit - Kern wiped out my VB inventory and I dont see laundry happening in the near future. Besides, that jersey is my real sponsor anyway. Plus Sheila Moon makes me happy.

 
At 4:07 PM, May 21, 2008, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

we love our sheila moons(black fuzzy things and knickers)...and erika loves her andi mackies (new pants from kern)

 
At 5:06 PM, May 21, 2008, Blogger X Bunny said...

we'll excuse the un-bella-like color discoordination given what a stud you are

 
At 5:52 PM, May 21, 2008, Blogger Marian said...

I tried to go race last night and got about 2 miles into a 24 mile twilight RR before turning around. Ouch. Plus it was cold! I don't know how to deal with the cold after Kern! So, yes, stud is the correct word for you, Miss. :)

 
At 11:59 AM, May 22, 2008, Blogger chatterbox said...

ah yes, the laundry issue...I guess we'll excuse you just this once - especially since you are way more studly than the rest of us! :)

 
At 12:19 PM, May 23, 2008, Blogger Sweet Cheeks said...

I haven't seen you in a while - you are looking so fit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>