Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I lied


When I said that track was really hard, and maybe even as hard as cross....I lied.

Cross is still harder.

Infinitely so.

The race this weekend was like a dusty slap in the face.

Whhaaaaaack! How easily you forget, let me remind you with a little of this (SLAP!) and a little of that (SLAP!) You think your silly velodrome training can prepare you? Bah! I spit mud on your fixed gear and dribble snool on your fancy track bars. And then I show you some real suffering.

Yeah, so it was hard. Crazy hard. The course was super fun and I dug the zippyyippies on the backsection. But the barriers, the damn barriers, I had forgotten how much I hated them. Especially that one little lonely barrier after all the 180s, that barrier I had special hate for.

I can't wait for the next race.

12 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, October 02, 2007, Blogger marscat said...

i used to think grass was pretty and nice to look at, kind of refreshing, you know.

...god i hate that stuff.

good job, btw.

 
At 1:56 PM, October 02, 2007, Blogger ~ lauren said...

i still like grass. it hurts less when you fall on the fast turns.

and barriers are ok when they're on the grass.

but for christ sakes, that sand.

 
At 2:29 PM, October 02, 2007, Blogger beth bikes! said...

yeah man, track is EASY. alls you do is pedal, and sometimes you get to do it behind a motorcycle. smooth surface...no turning...no shifting....no spending sunday afternoon scrapping dog shit off your tires. you need some mad skillz to do cross-- sabine, i definitely went "OOO OOOO" about a thousand times at fairfax. i was thinking about you each time, cause you like to do that at the track.

 
At 2:55 PM, October 02, 2007, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

you always are looking so happy and smiling too...

 
At 5:27 PM, October 02, 2007, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

hurts so good

 
At 6:32 PM, October 02, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

i still have goose poop on my tires from last year

 
At 9:35 PM, October 02, 2007, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

can't wait for the next race....

uh, that'd be Sunday, right?

We'll bring the wine.

 
At 7:05 AM, October 03, 2007, Blogger Lilly Bella said...

Thats VBs sufferface...CCCX next top model perhaps? sometimes there is a giggle or two when she suffers by.

we always thought she wasn't suffering, then she bought that garmin...

sick huh, I think she should scream for her mama like the rest of us, and where is the drool?

 
At 11:53 AM, October 03, 2007, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

i'm gonna try it and see how much VB is lying...

p.s. LB-yeah, now I remember VB telling me that a smiling face was sometimes a suffering face

 
At 8:59 AM, October 04, 2007, Blogger EB said...

Where do you find barriers that don't hit you mid-thigh?

 
At 9:55 AM, October 04, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

that is sooo not a smile. Look closer, its a grimace...and a pretty gnarly one at that.

cross hurts.

 
At 10:08 AM, October 05, 2007, Blogger jen said...

Yay for cross pics!

You bluff well - it sure looks like a smile :-)

jen <--- still in SB

And I started this thingy, www.twobluebikes.blogspot. I was waiting for worlds footage, and had to entertain myself without the interwebs :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>