Thursday, September 06, 2007

Random Thursdayness


holy moley where did the week go?

So, the Vuelta has started. Does anyone care? I would care if they would go up AngryLou again. So far though, I don't care. I just checked results, and I don't even know who the guys is that is leading it.

I think Flandria went to the Vuelta so I checked her blog for some insight or rah rah...but she crumbled it while she is away. Huh? No fair. Blogging is only good for a couple of things, and one of them is being able to travel vicariously through them.

At least I can go visit the Aussie Kewpie Dolls.

We have a roach coach that visits our office parking lot every morning and afternoon. It "honks" its squacky music horn right by my window. The morning horn is Reveille and the afternoon is the Theme from the Godfather. The Godfather one always cracks me up because its such a serious song to be tooting for tacos. The biggest indignity a song could face is to be a roach coach horn song.

Pavarotti died today (or yesterday). That makes me sad. I grew up listening to opera, but don't much listen to it now. Still, it can move me to tears, and Pavarotti was one of those who could. Opera is seldom made into a roach coach horn song.

I got a nasty case of Track Hack last Saturday. Yep, during the Saturday beginner session. It was the Aussie Pursuit. I usually get passed pretty quickly in this event, but this time I was one of the last three. Let me tell you, it sucks to be one of the last three because by that time, nothing is going to happen quickly and suffering is guaranteed. Even if it is the Saturday beginner session. Thank god Maurice finally caught me. Poor Natasha though was left to suffer for 4 more laps. Anyhoo, I got that copper taste in my mouth and about 5 minutes later was caughing and aspirating and generally spazzing out.

Track hack is not pretty.

So I am a little worried about doing Larry's points race sufferama tonight. The air here smells like burning trees and its thick with smoke from the Lick fire. Poor Coe, talk about a re ote and difficult place to fight a fire. Seems some fella at a place called "Booze Lake" started a trash can fire. 20,000 acres later....

Oh, its track time already. Gotta run.

16 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, September 06, 2007, Blogger jen said...

It's all about the forest fires these days. I'll see your 20,000 acres and raise you 100,000 and then some. Plus an extra 500 or so over this last weekend, that closed down the 101 on the not-so-happy holiday peeps. Yoiks.

I think Friere won again at the Vuelta, but I'm not too sure. My Vuelta following is massively lagging. Maybe when they start riding up some hills I'll perk up...

Have fun at the track :-)

 
At 6:14 PM, September 06, 2007, Blogger marscat said...

meter just ran out...will post later...

 
At 6:28 PM, September 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:06 AM, September 07, 2007, Blogger veloandvino said...

kitchen...????

 
At 10:07 AM, September 07, 2007, Blogger beth bikes! said...

can't wait to hear about the race! congrats on the point! what lap? 40?! (it is my favorite lap to score points on)hey, was that a combined B/C race?!?! then double congrats!!!

 
At 10:14 AM, September 07, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

kitchen pics soon...

 
At 10:50 AM, September 07, 2007, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

ugh ... kitchen.

yeah, Sabine scored in the B/C Points race last nite. With the sprints every 5 laps, it sapped some of the snap out of the big burlies who usually wind up the sprint.

so, Sabine was able use her fitness to push around some of the other kids.

but also, she is just becoming a good track rider ... because riding 1 or 2 times a week won't really give too much fitness ;).

Sabine is getting more and more comfortable on the track. It makes me very happy. I think the Track is best discipline in cycling for couples. You can cheer each other on, race individually or together, go to the venue together, spend lots of downtime in chairs chatting and mixing in with friends, etc.

With more and more women getting into the track these last couple months ... i can see there being women only races next year. at least that's what i'm going to be rallying for.

yeehaw!

 
At 11:24 AM, September 07, 2007, Blogger Itinerant Rick said...

I'm with OV; nice to be able to mix it up with the better half and the track works well. Love to see some women only races; give me more time to cheer and take pix.

As for the track hack, we found that we can keep Ms. Chatterbox's under control if she does a nice long cool down after a hard effort.

 
At 11:41 AM, September 07, 2007, Blogger EB said...

Forest fires make me sad. Not the natural causes, cycle-of-life ones, but the dumbass-with-a-match ones.

Trackin' next weekend fo sho. I'd calendared it in for tomorrow, so thank goodness I heard it was champs -- I'd have been one pissy Panda after driving over.

 
At 12:17 PM, September 07, 2007, Blogger ~ lauren said...

still a red kitchen?

 
At 1:50 PM, September 07, 2007, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

hell yes it's red!

can't wait.

 
At 5:52 PM, September 07, 2007, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

oh yeah, is the old kitchen gone now?


-

i totally agree about needing some womens' races next year at the track.

 
At 7:40 PM, September 07, 2007, Blogger Allison Krasnow said...

panda is tracking? hoooray! mike and i just bought bikes :)

and the fire air has been crazy. the sun was absolutely incredible roaring red through the morning fog at 8am yesterday. beautiful, but sad.

 
At 8:42 PM, September 07, 2007, Blogger veloandvino said...

red with envy,,,

hey friday is almost over, this says thursday, you must be getting for a re-do:)

 
At 1:17 PM, September 08, 2007, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

how was this sat?

 
At 1:17 PM, September 08, 2007, Blogger marscat said...

hope it went well

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>