Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bad Medicine


I snuck out for a ride today. I was tired and poopy and not feeling like it at all. Because it was close to the hospital, I decided to head out to DeLaVeaga. But I had never been there before and didnt know where to go. I ended up on the lamest trail ever. It was covered in those stupid slippery Eucalyptus leaves and poison oak and the scene was just making me even grumpier.

But I kept riding because I needed to and I didnt want to give up because just maybe it got better. So I climbed through the stupid leaves and the oak and huffed up the hill and the trail ended...at a golf course.

Blah!!

I rolled back down the stupid hill and decided to try a different trail or something. As I was puttering all mopey like on the road I sensed someone coming up on me. And then I heard, in the mellowest and familiar drawl, "I know that butt"

It was my buddy Jen. She was on her way to the top of the world and she asked me if I wanted to go. I had no idea where that was, but as long as there was no golf course there, I was game.

We rode up and over some fun little trails, and got a little but not a lot lost. And eventually we popped out at the top of the world. Otherwise known as Disc Golf basket #27.

And Jen handed me a Tecate and we joined the rest of the crew that was already up there and we heckled disc (dont call if frisbee) golfers and we were just as silly and juvenile as a group could be. And my tummy hurt from laughing.

Steve gave me a bud to take back to Michael. It was his get well gift. He explained that Michael did not have to drink it, just wanted him to put it on his rolly table next to the bed.



Michael popped it open as soon as he saw it. He said it hit the spot and he was touched by the gift. And then he took a drip of morphine and said "nigh nigh".

We both got a little bit of needed medicine.

13 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, August 23, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

this made me smile

boy, they sure got oV pretty wrapped up.....i guess they have him figured out

 
At 7:13 AM, August 23, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

oh, and

frisbee!!!!

 
At 8:18 AM, August 23, 2007, Blogger Emily said...

Great photo! You should send it in to Anheuser-Busch.

 
At 8:32 AM, August 23, 2007, Blogger beth bikes! said...

i hope the head nurse didn't see this!

 
At 8:46 AM, August 23, 2007, Blogger marscat said...

our friend had a quad bypass and told us they gave him a beer after...we don't have pics to verify.

that's a great pic.

 
At 8:48 AM, August 23, 2007, Blogger marscat said...

and he looks smashing in his tube top!

 
At 9:43 AM, August 23, 2007, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

tube top. hehe.

i'm so glad i didn't have to stay overnight...

-

when i first read 'bud', the red and white can is not what came to mind...

 
At 9:44 AM, August 23, 2007, Blogger EB said...

Friends are the best medicine. Michael looks teeny in that shot!

 
At 10:01 AM, August 23, 2007, Blogger ~ lauren said...

there's nothing a good budwieser can't cure.

 
At 10:37 AM, August 23, 2007, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

morphine and beer...sweet dreams...

 
At 11:12 AM, August 23, 2007, Blogger Rye said...

That surgery with STYLE! Lucky!!!

 
At 12:42 PM, August 23, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

more pics of the silliness here

 
At 2:18 PM, August 23, 2007, Blogger Itinerant Rick said...

Man is my dyslexia in full gear. At first I though Marscat wrote 'top tube'. Wasn't making sense ....

Hope the Bud was nice and cold. Ahhhh, refreshment.

Hope you can get out to the points races tonight. I would like to go, but a city meeting will likely take most of the evening :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>