Thursday, September 20, 2007

Ravenous


Oh man..for like, the past week or so, I have been soooo hungry. Crazy hungry. I could totally eat over one pound of food right now.

Our cats, they always act like each time they are being fed just might be the last time. I am starting to understand how they feel.

Hun-Gree

I hope its the synthroid kicking in...otherwise I better start brushing up on my sprint.

I was hunGREE tonight after the points race too. But this time there were no brownies or cookies. But there were Cola Clif Blocks and so I ate a package of those and then felt a little ill about it. I was hoping they would remind me of gummi colas....but they were too mushy and sugary. And they weren't cookies.

Tonight was my last points race. I was sort of sad. I have a love/hate relationship with these little points races. I hate them before, and love them afterward. The love is enough to keep me coming back each week. The hate doesn't kick in until right before the start. I swear, each time, while I am on the boards, I tell myself I will only race a few laps.

But I get sucked in each time and whirr whirr whirr....its suddenly only 10 laps to go and I might as well finish the thing and get my Clif Blocks.

I didn't have a single spaz moment tonight (Unless you count me almost leaving afterwards without my bike - I don't) Natasha and I keyed off each other tonight and that was super fun. Attack, counter attack. It didn't earn me too many points, but I felt like I was able to set up Natasha a couple of times. Or at least make the boys work a little. I loved when she attacked. I hated when it was my turn.



But I did score some points (I think) and so that was nice. But bestest of all was that I scored a helmet. Larry said I won a helmet for most consistent in the series. I guess its like a perfect attendance award, or maybe..egads the sportsmanship award (I was always winning those in high school instead of the mvpish ones). But yay! I won a helmet.

I wonder if its a space balls helmet? Oh, I hope so.

(a super duper thank you to Larry Nolan for giving up his Thursday nights to run these. Low key and great workouts. I'm going to miss my silly track pals so I hope I see them at some cross races soon. And I hope they bring cookies.)

16 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, September 21, 2007, Blogger Ron Castia said...

That makes two of us.
But stay away from that packaged crap, get some real food...and a nice red Zin.

Congrats on the award.

 
At 8:28 AM, September 21, 2007, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

I'm hungry, too! Must be a phase of the moon or something. I've been eating like crazy all week (and my weight is through the roof). Yikes!

Hey, congrats on OIWC -- cool news!!!

 
At 8:50 AM, September 21, 2007, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

I always got "most inspirational" rather than "MVP" too...it would have cool being an MVP though...what type of helmet did you win?

marscat was a soccer mvp...not a suprise...

no spazz moments last night so that means no "eeking"?...love the sound when daisy does it...got her to squeak a few days ago...the shaver...

 
At 9:03 AM, September 21, 2007, Blogger tash said...

I think you are hungry b/c you broke warp speed on your last attack to catch the guys off the front - you were so close!!! Super impressive to watch. And - we rode almost the same speed as the Bs! We deserve extra beer for our efforts:)

C Group Results- 14 starters, 60 laps in 31:05 averaging 24.3mph

B Group Results- 12 starters, 60 laps in 31:00 averaging 24.4mph

 
At 9:13 AM, September 21, 2007, Blogger beth bikes! said...

now you are going to have to get another flower for your new helmet! last night was a blast - and this whole series. i will miss you next week- but try to go "ooo oooo" in your honor when someone swerves too close.

 
At 9:38 AM, September 21, 2007, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

XBun is gonna need to start taking thursdays off next season so we can go play....

 
At 9:41 AM, September 21, 2007, Blogger marscat said...

i think something's in the air...after a big din-din which included BUDINO...i woke up famished!

 
At 9:51 AM, September 21, 2007, Blogger Emily said...

You won a helmet, how cool! Congrats. There's nothing like free stuff.

 
At 10:30 AM, September 21, 2007, Blogger Itinerant Rick said...

Cool, a new helmet. Hope it is a nice one, with the proper color schema and all :-)

And now you have me feeling bad that I cannot go out and play next Thursday :-( We will be abusing ourselves on the Big Sur coast. I hope that after tonight the track bike will be ready for some racin' ... we'll see at the Low Keys tomorrow.

 
At 11:19 AM, September 21, 2007, Blogger veloandvino said...

It was fun watching you race and attack!!! Nice ridin out there. I'm bummed they're going away too as I'm really starting to like these thursday night things.

The food thing is kinda screwy...starving before, gu, cliffbars for a snack, then a huge bowl of vino when i get home and a glass of pasta..or was it the other way round??

 
At 2:09 PM, September 21, 2007, Blogger ~ lauren said...

that salsbury steak picture is making me all hungry and stuff right now.

and nostalgic.

remember when tv dinners were made in foil and stuff? and you had to cook them in the oven? and you were suppose to watch tv while eating them.

congrats on the space ball helmet!

 
At 4:17 PM, September 21, 2007, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

that was what we had when I was growing up...swanson hungry man tv dinners but i never ate the dessert, usually it was cobbler...and mac and cheese....

 
At 9:20 PM, September 21, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

mac and cheese!!

 
At 9:22 PM, September 21, 2007, Blogger Lilly Bella said...

Now you know how I feel all the time! I am hungry like that everyday, and I don't often travel at warp speed to catch fast boys. (do 6 year olds count?) Your metabolism has picked up girl. Feed the beast...

 
At 1:47 PM, September 24, 2007, Blogger BELLA BEAR said...

No matter what you totally according to me! Even if you ate 20 Hungreee Mans! Congrats on the award. You really set a high bar to reach! You are a great role model for any woman cyclist! Plus you're hot!

 
At 3:23 AM, September 26, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

So you're sort of the series' "Ms. Congeniality"? At least it's a useful prize, right?

I couldn't stomach one of the cola blocks. More power to you for getting a whole bag down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>