Thursday, July 05, 2007

Let Freedom Ring


Yesterday I changed my mind about doing a crit in 104 degree temperature to stay home where the redwoody temps were in the 80s.

I rode on trails with people I have met from riding, racing and the internet.

I rode on public lands.

I ran into friends I had not seen in a while on the trails.

I sipped mexican beer on the trails and drank japanese sake in a parking lot.

I ate sushi made from fish that was bought and delivered to us while we rode.

I stayed there as long as I felt like, laughing, eating, without a worry in the world.

Who needs fireworks?

8 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, July 05, 2007, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

grr...

 
At 12:21 PM, July 05, 2007, Blogger chatterbox said...

sounds fabuloso! We opted for a lazy day, too. We had a brief encounter with some of the velo girls teammies (planned) out on the road. But, we cut the ride with them short and headed home for a nap, followed by BBQ (just the 2 of us), and watching "From Russia with Love" until it was time to sleep again.

Ahhh.

 
At 12:48 PM, July 05, 2007, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

sounds like a beautiful way to spend the day...

 
At 4:17 PM, July 05, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

i just sweat all day long

yuck

 
At 4:27 PM, July 05, 2007, Blogger ~ lauren said...

oh man, that sounds so perfect.

it sounds better then perfect. it sounds dreamy.

i love days like that. fireworks, shmireworks.

 
At 7:43 AM, July 06, 2007, Blogger Team TWENTY12 said...

you made the right choice........ your day sounded lovely

 
At 8:34 AM, July 06, 2007, Blogger EB said...

That sounds like fireworks to me.

 
At 8:25 PM, July 08, 2007, Blogger karla said...

yep, definitely the right choice. Davis was toooooo hot to be racing bikes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>