Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I'd rather be sleeping


But I can't stare at those black balloons any longer.

I must throw something up on the screen.

So here's a recommendation. Avoid eating black colored cake frosting if you can help it. Especially if you tend toward the hypochondriac.

For a few days this weekend, I was quite certain I had an exotic and deadly tummy ailment. It was not until I returned to work that I realized, with both embarassment and relief, what the cause of my "troubles" were.

I can now move forward to worrying about the more usual health ailments. What a relief.

I was also moved practically to tears with my two bday presents. Well, the first did move me to tears and the second moved me to tears only when I saw the picture that Lilly snuck in. How could she? Michael and Laura (no blog names please when I am being all serious and stuff like I am going to be in the next sentences)are two of the most amazing people in the world. I love and admire and am motivated by them.

~~

Bella training camp was a success. Thats probably because we didn't try to do anything but ride, eat, sleep and drink a wee bit of wine. Just a wee. (And damn do my teammates have good taste in wine) No wacky photo shoots, no prodding testing labs, no sponsor yippie hoo...just riding. Four days of it and I was wiped. Out. Success.

Thank you Miss Mary and Ana for feeding us so well! Thank you Michael, Brent, Tyler, Cody, Steven and Jeff for all the cat herding and the nice drafts on Sunday when the wind was making us cranky.

Our team is excited to race. I'm excited to race. I haven't felt this excited about racing since I first started. They all inspire me.

Vroom.

9 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, January 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

VB-I agree about being totally inspired...and I was really motivated by all your sprints up Charlie's steep pitches...and that was after your sprint practice...

 
At 8:29 AM, January 18, 2007, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

it's going to be a super-fun year!

so, what are the birthday presents?

 
At 8:46 AM, January 18, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

eating black cake frosting made you throw something up on the screen?

 
At 10:20 AM, January 18, 2007, Blogger EB said...

After Livermore Hills in 2005 I kinda passed out a little in the back of my truck, so the next day I was f-r-e-a-k-e-d out when my tummy sent me some really strange signals. Then I remembered -- grape gatorade. I might have told this story before.

I'd rather be sleeping, too.

 
At 10:32 AM, January 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

inspired indeedy!

 
At 11:22 AM, January 18, 2007, Blogger nicknameless said...

Yes, another hurrah for the boys! thanks so much for all the help!

Thanks everyone who made the camp possible. I only did two days of it and I was flattened but happy and inspired!

Yeah for fun on bikes!

 
At 1:16 PM, January 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

had a blast!

 
At 1:18 PM, January 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

had a blast!

 
At 11:37 AM, January 19, 2007, Blogger Eclectchick said...

Nuttin' more beeyooteeful than a sea of Bella jerseys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>