Thursday, January 11, 2007

Are you harshing my popcorn?


I really need to get more sleep.

~~

One serving of low fat popcorn has 110 calories, 2 grams of fat, 4 grams of fiber and 3 grams of protein.

My past two jobs were places where you could not pop popcorn at work. Something about the smell being obtrusive. So, microwave popcorn was banned. Outlawed. Contraband. Smelly fish and garlic dishes, or burnt baked potatoes, however were not.

I am happy to now work at a place where we can pop pop pop away.

~~
If you are going to ride in Morgan Hill, you better learn to like the wind. Well, maybe not like the wind, thats just weird, but like the challenge of the wind. The battle against the invisible.

I've learned to like that challenge. To face the wind head on and say "hell yeah, just try and stop me". And to put my head down and grit my teeth and pedal right smack into it. (And sometimes spit on myself because the wind blows it back on me, but thats not a very romantic image so never mind I wrote that)

When the skies are dark and turmoil-y, this is easier to do. The wind, the sky, the epic conditions call out and dare you, challenge you, to ride against them. And so you take on that challenge.

But today, today the wind tried to trick me. The sky was bright and clear. And the wind howled amongst twinkling water and lazy grazing cows. And instead of challenging me, the wind just sort of suggested. As it if were saying "Hey, look how sunny it is. You might as well not fight me today. Just take it easy and maybe enjoy the scents I bring and the lush crispness of the air I cleaned".

And I almost fell for it. Almost.

~~
Today's pic has nothing to do with today's post (except that i took it today) so don't waste any time trying to make a connection.

~~
My hands smell like popcorn. Far less tale tale than orange cheetos fingers.

13 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, January 11, 2007, Blogger X Bunny said...

no popcorn allowed for us either--but because of fear of microwave fires!

we break that rule all the time

 
At 12:04 AM, January 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I know that place - right there on the old highway. Is anything in there?

Now the big question is, how many servings in that bag? I'm guessing at least two, maybe four.

 
At 7:08 AM, January 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nothing is banned where i work.

we sometimes even drink beer or have cocktails.

bagels on fridays, chocolates, free popcorn, free cuponoodles, blah, blah, blah.

but we also have plenty of people with "skinny fat person" syndrome. you know, where they're skinny all over except for the big tummy.

i'd have it too if i wasn't such a disciplined and perfect person and stuff.

 
At 7:16 AM, January 12, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

1 serving in the bag. Its one of those one serving bags that are all popular now. The little bags are sooo cute.

 
At 7:19 AM, January 12, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

There is stuff in there, tables and things, but it doesn't look like its ever used. Its a mexican restaurant now. But all I ever see if a taco stand thats out in front.

That road died when they built the highway from Morgan Hill to San Jose. Remember before that it used to be called blood alley?

 
At 7:21 AM, January 12, 2007, Blogger Velo Bella said...

skinny fat, thats like booze fat.

free cup o noodles...thats funny.

We dont get that at my work. But we do get to go to big tailgate parties at supercross races.(not that I would ever go)

And we can wear flip flops and shorts at work (not that I ever would)

 
At 8:17 AM, January 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, the infamous brud ahree, brings me back in time to those road trips my famiree used to make to San Francisco...

 
At 8:54 AM, January 12, 2007, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

popcorn is icky.

 
At 9:24 AM, January 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

 
At 10:25 AM, January 12, 2007, Blogger EB said...

We have popcorn fairies who tease with the pop smell and disappear before I can get my grubby mits on it. Stupid fairies.

I wanna work where Lauren works.

 
At 10:26 AM, January 12, 2007, Blogger EB said...

...and Happy Birthday.

 
At 2:23 PM, January 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love popcorn. LOVE it. Yummy.

 
At 4:17 PM, January 12, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

my mom is a microwave popcorn ADDICT - she eats it for any and all meals of the day. The smell of it makes me want to hurl. but... i'm not a fan of banning food. I mean, honestly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>