Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Land of a Thousand Elvi


This was the year I wasn't supposed to go to Vegas. So I am not really here. Which is nice. Except I'm here.

And if that doesn't make sense to you, well, welcome to Vegas. Where nothing makes sense to me.

Like the fountains at Bellagio. So, here's a place thats gone waaaaay out if its way to recreate a cultured refined Italian scene. With marble and columns and fine art. And with a large dancing fountain display thingie that goes off every hour or something. And what soundtrack plays to the dancing fountains with the lovely Italian background? "I'm proud to be an American" . Its especially moving when the fountains go real high on "and I'll proudly stand up" and the fountains go up. Genius.

And you know what else doesn't make sense? The bridge recreations at The Venetian. Again, the hotel has gone waaaaaay out of its way to recreate the walkway bridges at Venice, including the lovely Rialto bridge. Except in Vegas, the Rialto bridge has a moving escalatorish walkway on it. Because you can't actually walk on the walkway can you? That would be hard.

Okay, so I'm not a fan of Vegas. But I am a fan of bike stuff. I can geek out with the best of them.

I have to actually work tomorrow, so I don't know how much picture grabbing and bike snooping I can do. But I will try to fit in some.

The bella crew comes in tomorrow night, after late night baking and glamoring sessions...expect the real hijinks to happen on Thursday.

Stay tuned....

6 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, September 27, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

have fun!

and no excuse on the work stuff, i mean, you get lunch and breaks,don't you?

 
At 7:56 AM, September 27, 2006, Blogger marscat said...

VB in LV...can it get any better for a blogger?

More, please.

 
At 12:23 PM, September 28, 2006, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

I like the water show at Bellagio...waiting for more today

 
At 1:36 PM, September 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope to hear more and see photos of famous cyclists...like Magnus Backsted...

oh what fun!

 
At 2:27 PM, September 28, 2006, Blogger Eclectchick said...

I always wondered what the plural of Elvis was.

Thank you for clearing that up for me!!

 
At 1:05 PM, September 29, 2006, Blogger MoJito said...

escalators on the walkway... classic American. that's because the typical American is too fat and lazy too walk over the walkway. I just got back from Italy, where everyone was VERY skinny. Probabaly from all that walking, since no, there's no escalators in Rome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>