Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Just so I could post these pics


I promised Michael I would put my GC pick in writing. You know the tour is wide open when you can have a long discussion about possible winners, and each rider has almost as much of a chance as the other. Before the tour, it took me about 2 minutes to decide on Jan. This time it took several days, and the pick still feels kind of shaky.



But what the hell. I'm going with Floyd. And I hope when he wins, that he gets on that podium and just does it up, like he can. Cap backwards, big ol crazy shades, scruffly half assed facial hair, and "what up" Inland Empire attitude. Enough with the astronauts, boy scouts, and euro wannabees. Let's have someone up there who's style makes the French recoil. What up France?


14 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, July 05, 2006, Blogger VeloRainDog said...

you gotta tell where those Floyd of the Jungle pics came from.

 
At 11:10 AM, July 05, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

floyd of the jungle...

oh man.

 
At 11:13 AM, July 05, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

lost my vote with the fur

i'll go with popovych which i think i spelled wrong and i don't know how he's doing lately and i don't like to pick someone who is too much of a favorite...

 
At 11:24 AM, July 05, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

According to the magazine I lopped the photo from, the fur is not real. No more real than the pink bunny fluff on the Patagonia

 
At 11:24 AM, July 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bella...nice pick...

xbunny...another good pick!

 
At 11:26 AM, July 05, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

the rest of my podium is

2. Salvodelli
3. Leipheimer

I'll have to do a photo montage on Paolo later. I think I'll skip the one on Levi. Maybe do one on Odessa instead.

 
At 11:34 AM, July 05, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

yay!

it's hard to tell without feeling it...

 
At 11:48 AM, July 05, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

You should ask him if you can touch his fur

 
At 11:55 AM, July 05, 2006, Blogger marscat said...

is that floyd in the orange tee??

 
At 12:02 PM, July 05, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

no, thats Steve Zahn, who I think should play Floyd when they make a movie about him.

From March

 
At 12:04 PM, July 05, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

i'm gonna touch some fur...

 
At 12:14 PM, July 05, 2006, Blogger nicknameless said...

and no mention of poor pretty Boy George? Do we think he is going to burn up in the mountains with no chance of podium?

 
At 12:43 PM, July 05, 2006, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

those photos of Floyd are a riot...

 
At 10:48 AM, July 06, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

oooo how melodramatic

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>