Thursday, June 29, 2006

Back to Basics

Alright, enough with the drug bust talk already. The Tour is about to start, and its time to honor tradition go back to what the Tour is all about for so many of us fans....

Spandex watching.

And since the tour starts with a prologue, we'll take at those who, while they can't go for long, are really good at the quickie.



The best at the quickie is Aussie, Brad McGee. Unfortunately he threw out his back (how many times have we heard that one before) and won't be able to perform. Shame.


But don't worry. The prologue won't be Brad-less. There is also Great Britian's Brad Wiggins. (Wiggins...what a great last name....but anyway). And I have a special little soft spot for any man self assured enough to proudly don an all white skinsuit.



And then there is David Millar. Hmm. I appreciate that he admitted his guilt and did his time. But still. I'm not sure what I think of a man who needed drugs just for a quickie. His punishment will be this photo. Although there were many flattering photos of him on the web...he gets this goofy mugshotish one instead.



I know, I know...this pic of Rik Vebrugghe is silly. But really, he left me no choice. Belgian men really shouldn't try and sport an Italian do. They just can't pull it off. Ask Museeuw.



I couldn't really think of anything to say about Fabian Cancellara. But I figure I better include him or Flandria would be all upset and stuff. So, here he is.



And, just in time for the 4th of July, there is good old all american boy next door, David Zabriskie. You could have your quickie, and still bring him home to meet your mother. I hope he wins just because I am an american and thats what we americans do, but also because he's good for fun post race quotes. Go David.


oh. Oops. How did that get in here?

13 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, June 29, 2006, Blogger EB said...

Meow.

 
At 11:12 AM, June 29, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

i don't know if wearing a white skinsuit means you are self-assured

well maybe it does

or maybe it means that you just didn't get enough input on your team clothing

or that you like the black-butt-from-your-seat effect

which doesn't matter since you thankfully gave us a front view...

 
At 11:28 AM, June 29, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

so good.

so so good.

 
At 11:51 AM, June 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes...ex-fassa boy - I have pics for his legs, with veins, scars and defined tan muscles...what more can you ask for...

and yes, he will win the prologue...

 
At 11:53 AM, June 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if he can time trial that last 20 plus kilometers to win Paris-Roubaix, I don't know how he cannot win this prologue..

okay, got me going...

 
At 1:13 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger VeloRainDog said...

except of course that cancellara won't be in this edition of the tour.

 
At 1:28 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger marscat said...

looks like Millar's pic was taken in a lockeroom shower

 
At 2:06 PM, June 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

crap...looks like he is substitute..I thought Riis replaced Schleck because of that crash that messed his nose...oh man - that sucks...where the heck did I hear that...cycling.tv news?

maybe things will change...

 
At 2:37 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

I thought I read somewhere that he was in too...

 
At 6:52 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger jAndy donka-donk said...

He will be back in once they lose half thier team on friday like most of the other hitters.....

22 rders are going home, I should start a betting pool on that one.....

 
At 7:31 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

You're right on that, DZ is an interesting one for race comments. He rode past me on Tunnel one time and was nice enough to say "hi" and added some friendly chit chat. Sounded much more normal than those post race interviews. Maybe, that's his "tv" voice.

 
At 10:54 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

I like DZ's comment about why americans do so well at time trials...its because they have to train alone all the time.

classic.

 
At 10:59 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

you know bunny...I just happen to have an all white skinsuit here at the house.

I might have to pull it out this weekend....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>