Thursday, June 29, 2006

More fun with intervals

My interval workouts lately have been very confusing. Since thinking is a skill I turn off during intervals, I usually have to write the interval session down on a post it note so I can refer to it. And its usually in some kind of short hand that only I would understand.

Today's scrawled on post it note looked something like this: (I really need a xbunnycam for this one...)

1, rest, 1
1, rest, 1
2, rest, 1
3, rest, 2
4, rest, 2 ouuuuch
3, rest, 1
2, rest, 1
1, rest, 1
1, rest, 1 yaaaaaaay

So I head out on my lunchbreak, change, hop on my bike...and realize that I can't find my post it note. I look in the car, in my pockets...nope. Just going to have to do them from memory.

I do the intervals, cool down, change, head back to work. After a few hours of work its time for a potty break.

I am a creature of habit and so, of course, I always use the same stall. I open the door, get in, close the door, go about my business, and stare at the door in front of me.

When lo and behold...there is my post it note. Still stuck to the front door where I "stored" it before heading out at lunch.

I can only wonder what anyone using that stall today must have thought the post it note was all about.

13 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

you score a '10' for the photo!

now, not to be critical, but this interval schedule seems pretty easy to remember 1,1,2,3,4,3,2,1,1 ???!

 
At 4:31 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

oh man ... somebody took the funny pills today.

what was in that hummus last nite?

 
At 5:07 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

it was the rest periods that got me all confused...

I know...I know

 
At 5:49 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

humerous hummus???

 
At 6:46 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger jAndy donka-donk said...

actually a '9' for the photo

It wasnt on the front door.....

Yeah I am a bad person to watch movies with

 
At 7:01 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

junk-a-donk's comment ... it tickles me.

 
At 10:55 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

yeah?
well then you get an 8 for the ass fault comment.

although that should have gotten an 11

google image search: "post it note bathroom"

 
At 7:53 AM, June 30, 2006, Blogger jAndy donka-donk said...

yeah I found it.....

then tried to get lucky with it and got some bush garbage, getting lucky with google just isnt the same anymore....

 
At 9:10 AM, June 30, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

oh, i gave you a '10' because i thought you took the picture....

and while i had to make a list of the 3 things i needed to remember to do this morning, i can't get this silly interval workout out of my head

 
At 10:21 AM, June 30, 2006, Blogger ginmtb said...

Come on now, perfect opportunity for mobile blogger...

 
At 10:23 AM, June 30, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

nope, I pilfered a googled photo. Which is why I mentioned in the post that I really needed a bunnycam for this one.

But google does quite nicely in a pinch.

Because, with my luck, someone would have walked in just as the flash went off.

 
At 2:07 PM, June 30, 2006, Blogger jAndy donka-donk said...

"Because, with my luck, someone would have walked in just as the flash went off"

That would have made for some great blog material for someone else.....

 
At 8:53 AM, July 01, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

yeah, i read the bunnycam part but was just a little slow on putting it all together....

again

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>