Thursday, January 26, 2006

Employee Parking Only


I am one of those who arrives to work a little after 8:00. Usually this means I have to park on the other side of the building.

But today, it meant I had to park in the street.

Seems as if these humungous vehicle thingies were taking up all the parking spaces.

I guess there's some kind of race thing in SF this weekend (jeez, I hope no one from my work reads this silly blog). And the trucks and motorhomes paid a visit to the HQ so that employees could oogle and visit. It was kind of interesting, even if it did mean I had to walk alllllll the way to the street to get ready for my lunch ride.

Fox is also treating all employees to a special tailgate party and entry to some fancy VIP soiree after, so thats nice.

When people at work asked if I would be going (I think I am the only one who is not), I just told them I already had plans. I didn't have the heart to tell them that I was going to miss all the action they were so revved about so that I could get up at some ungodly hour, drive to some bimfruck place, and race my bike in the rain.

Maybe I will win a T-shirt.
oh yeah.

Ricky Carmichael's motorhome - This thing had Corian countertops, maple cabinets, subzero freezer, and marble tile. It was also cleaner than my momma's house. When I asked who kept it so clean, the driver said that RC doesn't really use it much. Guess its just a place to hide from the crowds and warm up on the weird little stationary mountain bike. The driver was totally stoked on the stationary mountain bike. Uhhh...huh?



Next up we checked out the team trucks. There were 3, yes I typed 3, levels in these trucks. The mezzanine level was a cool little nook for the mechanics to kick back in. There was a cake in one of them. I tried to sneak a piece of cake, but the mechanics were eagle-eyeing it. Damn.

Ricky's bike. I think I have chain envy.


Bubba's motorhome, but I didn't go in because it was time for my lunch ride.

P.S. Ha
I finally read the race flyer for Early Bird RR..and under prizes it says "None"
Just like that. "None".

So much for the TShirt.

6 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, January 26, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

chose wrong sport

 
At 10:10 PM, January 26, 2006, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

we have to take the table scraps ... the neglected, discarded crumbs sliding off the big-kids table.

 
At 9:02 AM, January 27, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

I will never win an "earliest bird" award.

I need more coffee.

 
At 10:15 AM, January 27, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

like the EB crits, maybe this is a 'race simulation' and that's why no t-shirts

regardless, go kick some butai

the weather is looking a little better for sunday so that is good

and please be prompt with your reports afterwards

 
At 11:15 AM, January 27, 2006, Blogger X Bunny said...

poop

it just came to my attention that the simulation is tomorrow, not sunday

please disregard my previous cheery
weather comment

 
At 2:43 PM, January 27, 2006, Blogger Velo Bella said...

poop indeed

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

>